The Student Room Group

Putin sends 150k Russian soldiers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahmed766
Damn... That's disappointing to hear :/ I'm sure Putin will retaliate to ISIS after what they did to the Russian passengers at Egypt..

he probably will but if he sends a single soldier into Syria he will be under heavy fire from the UN
Come on, I'm cringing reading the responses to this thread. This was published by THE EXPRESS on the 27TH OCTOBER.

Just goes to show that some people blindly read newspapers and believe them to be true.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Quite right. It seems that people hold America and ourselves to a standard far higher than anyone else. This is how you end up with people cheer leading for Putin like Russia didn't just bomb 4 hospitals recently and cheer for Assad like he's not been indiscriminately barrel bombing places regardless of how many civilians die.

Russia aren't even primarily targeting ISIS for goodness sake.

Which si why we are better than Russia.

Not sorry that I am not cheer leading for America like it didn't just bomb a hospital.

Putin and the Russian leadership are more concerned with keeping Assad in power than fighting ISIS. Happy? And the have bombed 4 hospitals.

Although I think of similar cases where the west has been more concerned with keeping dictators in power for "stability" reasons. Saddam HUassine used to be one. Russia keeping Assad in power on the pretext of stopping a power vacuum being created for ISIS to take over is exactly the kind of pretext the west has used for keeping dictators in power in the last century. That's just a fact.

Personally I'm on the side the Free Syrian army rebel types and these Kurds. Assad is awful but marginally better than ISIS. ISIS taking over Assad held territory is the worst outcome and it is a possibility if Assad's regime fell. Which is why Assad dliberlty freed nutty Muslim extremists from his own jails so they can taint the rebels in Syria and make it harder for people to support them as we would be supporting nutty Muslims if we did. It's all complicated. So whilst Putin is an imperialistic leader who only cares about Russian interests and wants Assad to stay there is actually some sense in keeping Assad there unfortunately.

Original post by The Rad Prince

Brainless idiots complain about America, but we complain about America because America is willing to self-criticise and be open about yankee soldiers who break the rules.

Then I am just doing my duty as a self criticle westerner. I';m criticizing. Pointing out that we shouldn't be circling a hospital, that we leveled to the ground, with gunships to mop up survivors does not make me an enemy of the state *(if it does then that says more about the state than ti does me), nor a supporter of Russian foreign policy. I don't know why I need to explain that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thunder_chunky
Russian wars never go well. The soldiers are usually ill equipped, ill disciplined, and it usually results in them losing many soldiers often for silly reasons. Their military has a long history of corruption, bullying, alcoholism, and drug abuse, not to mention careless use of the equipment that they do have. Young Russian men will be sent to war, and the ones that do survive whether it be as a whole human being or without a leg or an arm will be neglected by the Russian system for the rest of their lives. Thrown onto the heap.
Russian troops will just go in there, kill and rape the country for a few years and then leave. I doubt they'll leave it in a better condition.

At least they did something unlike the USA and other countries who cry after every single terrorist attack but fail to do anything. In regards to unprofessionalism, what did you expect from the country where service in army is compulsory for everyone, so most of them don't even want to be there. But even they got more balls than their counterparts from the West and they actually contribute towards the extinction of ISIS. Unfortunately, however ISIS could just disappear at the time of the intervention and reappear when it will be over due to sleeper cells etc.
Vladmir Putin sends 150k Russian soldiers against 5k ISIS fighters. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/609757/Putin-ISIS-Islamic-State-Syria-Raqqa-troops-soldiers-air-strike-jets-military
It's about time someone put an end to those brainwashed extremists. I don't think they'll stand a chance. What do you think should happen to all those fighters who survive?

That clearly is a bull**** article that clearly hasn't happened.
Why is everyone on this thread an idiot? It quite clearly isn't true.
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Why is everyone on this thread an idiot? It quite clearly isn't true.

exactly, look at the publishing date, October 27th... not to mention it is the express...
p
Original post by 雷尼克
exactly, look at the publishing date, October 27th... not to mention it is the express...

Putin does this every year to test response times for reservists. Its a training exercise. It literally took me a 2 min google search to find that out

Please stop. You are making me cringe. France has been bombing for a while - 20 bombs isn't anything significant.
Reply 72
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Please stop. You are making me cringe. France has been bombing for a while - 20 bombs isn't anything significant.

http://s17.postimg.org/72iqax8rj/1240448_10200599252008416_1903805356_n.jpg
Original post by 0123456543210
At least they did something unlike the USA and other countries who cry after every single terrorist attack but fail to do anything. In regards to unprofessionalism, what did you expect from the country where service in army is compulsory for everyone, so most of them don't even want to be there. But even they got more balls than their counterparts from the West and they actually contribute towards the extinction of ISIS. Unfortunately, however ISIS could just disappear at the time of the intervention and reappear when it will be over due to sleeper cells etc.

Sure, they do go in guns blazing, and look where it gets them. Whether it was as the USSR in Afghanistan, or as the Russian Federation in Chechnya or South Ossetia, it's usually the same scenario. Young men who are usually conscripts in an army that doesn't give a **** about them. They are usually ill equipped, and the equipment they have is usually crap. The good stuff is often squandered, wasted, or sometimes even sold off.
The training of the soldiers is poor and therefore the discipline is poor. There is excessive alcohol abuse and often the discipline issues results in murders and rapes. In the end a lot of young men are killed and Russia pulls out, and the country is often not that much better.
Even if Russia somehow managed to eradicate ISIS, they'd probably do it by killing a **** load of civilians in the process, and I really don't think they give a **** about that as much as the US and UK do (officially speaking anyhow.)

By the way, the US does do stuff. They do react accordingly, so does the UK, but you don't hear about it because it's usually in operations undertaken by special forces or the intelligence services.
Reply 75
Original post by ubisoft
x

lmfao bruh where do you find this ****?
Reply 76
lmfao bruh where do you find this ****?

breh.. I've got the biggest directory of dank memes on tsr
Reply 77
Original post by ubisoft
breh.. I've got the biggest directory of dank memes on tsr

bruh mans been making memes ever since the nokia 3210. Bruh do you even blaze the devils lettuce? I will outsmoke you anyday m10-2

*Face in hand.* ****ing idiots. Raqqa is a city, not a stronghold.... ****. That was a bad idea.
At least someone's doing something productive. Maybe this time, the Russians won't end up as bad guys, as they always seem to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending