The Student Room Group

Woman jailed for false rape accusation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Twinpeaks
Comparable yes, as in a false rape allegation does not even touch the emotional trauma victims of rape experience.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11905639/Teenager-falsely-accused-of-rape-commits-suicide.html

Stop trolling
Well considering how only 100% of rapists serve time in prison, I don't think it's many sweetheart.

Fixed.

Innocent before proven guilty.

Never understand people who think that false rape allegations are more of an issue than actual rape itself. I think it's quite reflective of some underlying attitudes that are potentially a cause for concern tbh.

This is the principle of the legal system - we'd rather have a criminal walk free then to jail an innocent.

By your logic, we shouldn't care about potential misjudgements in death sentences because we should care about the crimes, not the very rare cases of innocent people being killed.

You piss me off more and more with every post you make.

Dat rage quit lmao
8 months ... that's not really... just...
Well considering how only 2% of rapists serve time in prison, I don't think it's many sweetheart. Never understand people who think that false rape allegations are more of an issue than actual rape itself. I think it's quite reflective of some underlying attitudes that are ofents

sorry... why are you referring to me as your sweetheart ? you are not the kind of person i would want a relationship with ?
A few years in jail at the very minimum.
Reply 46
Original post by flab10
Bullying destroys lifes too so should people be jailed for bullying?

Bullying isn't illegal though whilst false rape accusation is
Reply 47
It should be a bit higher but at least justice is dispensed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zigglr
That statistic seems very unrealistic, was probably manipulated by Nazi - Feminists

Ahh, so superficially discrediting statistics that go against your own beliefs/ agenda/ bias? You do know that that is a well known weakness of human nature right. Rather than listen to evidence that disagrees with you, just brush it off. Because you are much more content to stay ignorant :smile:

That statement was also quoted by my lecturerer, who works with criminals, rapists on a day to day basis. The same man who also said that woman are just as, if not more, aggressive than men. So no, he's not a "nazi-feminist". But you'd probably carry on thinking that way. Ignorance is bliss.
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Clearly people who killed themselves over it are totally overreacting then?

You are using one very unique, abnormal statement to back your view. That means absolutely nothing. Unless you rather attend more to sensationalist media, extreme cases as opposed to rational research :smile:

That kind of stupidity makes my skin itch. I'm just hoping it's immaturity.

See my above post.

Do not back up an argument by giving one ridiculous, extreme example. Would you ever do that in university, or a court of law? That has absolutely no substance to it.

Instead sweetheart, provide research illustrating that the emotional trauma experienced as a result of a false rape allegation is the same in severity, as the emotional trauma experienced as a result of being a victim of rape.

Otherwise, **** off. Because you have absolutely nothing of substance to say.

And unfortunately for you, I'm not trolling :smile:

Xxxx

It also tickles me how people are using two types of reasoning in this thread, that contradicts eachother. Firstly, false rape allegations are likely to drive a person to suicide. And secondly, false rape allegations are popular.

If that was the case, then surely you would expect to see a higher number of suicides resulting from false rape allegations? After all, it is so common right, and it can drive a person to suicide :smile:
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Fixed.

Innocent before proven guilty.

This is the principle of the legal system - we'd rather have a criminal walk free then to jail an innocent.

By your logic, we shouldn't care about potential misjudgements in death sentences because we should care about the crimes, not the very rare cases of innocent people being killed.

You are at it again, young child. Weak minds are very vulnerable to that sort of bias though, so I should be understanding! Perhaps you should look into the research before coming to that conclusion? Otherwise I'm sorry but you're just a blundering idiot
Original post by ivybridge
I didn't say that though? I'm saying that he can begin to rebuild now that it's be proven he did not commit the act.

Yeah but he wasn't convicted so that's irrelevant.

Yes, I think the fact she is only to serve 4 months is silly but my point is that I don't think rape and a lie are on the same wavelength. I didn't say she shouldn't be punished, of course she should.

I thought you said we should look at the bigger picture ? Not just one case ? Or did somebody else post that ?
You are using one very unique, abnormal statement to back your view. That means absolutely nothing. Unless you rather attend more to sensationalist media, extreme cases as opposed to rational research :smile:

That kind of stupidity makes my skin itch. I'm just hoping it's immaturity.

Why are you avoiding my question?

Are they overreacting or not?

If they aren't, then it means it's reasonable for people who got falsely accused of rape to feel if anything just as bad as people who were raped.

If they are, then say it. You will lose your moral high ground and will seem like a heartless bitch but say it if that's what you think.

BTW a question is not a statement. Learn the difference.

Also, quote me the research where it says rape is always a much, much worse thing to people's psychological being than being falsely accused of rape? Or are you just throwing out meaningless statements you can in no way back?
You are at it again, young child. Weak minds are very vulnerable to that sort of bias though, so I should be understanding! Perhaps you should look into the research before coming to that conclusion? Otherwise I'm sorry but you're just a blundering idiot

I'm probably older than you are. For someone who accuses someone of writing meaningless statements, you are such a hypocrite to write two meaningless posts in a row.

What research? What are you talking about? Do you have anything other than insults to contribute?
Do not back up an argument by giving one ridiculous, extreme example. Would you ever do that in university, or a court of law? That has absolutely no substance to it.

If the court is deciding whether or not being falsely accused of rape can drive people to suicide...Yes?

Instead sweetheart, provide research illustrating that the emotional trauma experienced as a result of a false rape allegation is the same in severity, as the emotional trauma experienced as a result of being a victim of rape.

For someone who talks about research in some many consecutive posts, you have provided none.

Otherwise, **** off. Because you have absolutely nothing of substance to say.

So yeah. Take your own advice.
8 months is too little however at least these are being taken to court and punished which is some progress
Ahh, so superficially discrediting statistics that go against your own beliefs/ agenda/ bias? You do know that that is a well known weakness of human nature right. Rather than listen to evidence that disagrees with you, just brush it off. Because you are much more content to stay ignorant :smile:

Just like how you simply dismissed the fact that people have indeed killed themselves over it?
Definitely not enough. A friend of a friend, lets say Dan, got accused of raping a girl and now his life is in tatters. The girl had sex with his friend, lets say Jack, and could only remember Dan's name. So she said that Dan raped her! It was consensual and she probably just regretted it after. He wanted to be a teacher and now obviously can't, and has been told that the only way to have it taken off his criminal record if he is found innocent, and then sues her for falsely accusing him. Nothing can be done about completely the wrong guy being accused either, as she isn't willing to say it was Jack she had sex with, as she's already accused Dan. It's a really confusing and messed up situation.
Can't understand how people can do this to people.
Should be jailed for the same amount of time!
Everybody just chill the **** out......its the ****ing student room for gods sake.....this isn't a debating platform, I don't even get why there are such heavy threads on here......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending