The Student Room Group

Sociology applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ashh1234
I applied about 2 weeks ago, they sent me an offer after about 3 days
What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied last Monday (16th), only have an acknowledgement, no offer yet! Hopefully it'll come through this upcoming week
Original post by cazzem
I applied last Monday (16th), only have an acknowledgement, no offer yet! Hopefully it'll come through this upcoming week

Ooh! Fingers crossed! Is that a top choice for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Ooh! Fingers crossed! Is that a top choice for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exeter is probably my top choice, if the offer isn't too high! :wink:

But if it is too high, then it's gonna be between Nottingham or Sheffield!
I've just firmed Exeter :smile:
Original post by jenniferalice
I've just firmed Exeter :smile:

Ah how exciting! Is this to do the BA or BSc? Got all my acknowledgements now so just want an offer !! Hate the waiting game
I sent off my application yesterday to do Socio at Bath Spa, Bristol UWE, Bournemouth, Coventry & Plymouth!!

I live in South-West Devon so pretty well only applied to South-ish Universities!! :smile:

But got an unconditional offer from UWE last night which was super exciting!!
Original post by rosieholdway
Ah how exciting! Is this to do the BA or BSc? Got all my acknowledgements now so just want an offer !! Hate the waiting game

I know!! The BA, you've applied to Exeter too right? Waiting is definitely the worst but don't worry about it!
I know!! The BA, you've applied to Exeter too right? Waiting is definitely the worst but don't worry about it!

Yes I have! Limiting myself to only checking twice a day 😂
Reply 28

Congratulations on your offer!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply?

I applied for the BA at Exeter as well, still haven't received an offer though, and I'm only just missing Exeter. Already have 4/5 offers! :smile:
Original post by cazzem

I applied for the BA at Exeter as well, still haven't received an offer though, and I'm only just missing Exeter. Already have 4/5 offers! :smile:

Hey, I also applied to Exeter for BA Sociology, sent my application off on the 5th November and received an offer on the 16th November! Don't worry I'm sure you'll get it soon. When did you apply?
Reply 30
Original post by gcsestudent123
Hey, I also applied to Exeter for BA Sociology, sent my application off on the 5th November and received an offer on the 16th November! Don't worry I'm sure you'll get it soon. When did you apply?

Ah okay, I applied on the 16th! So hopefully soon!

What was your offer?
Original post by cazzem
Ah okay, I applied on the 16th! So hopefully soon!

What was your offer?

Yeah you will hear within the next week I reckon! ABB :smile:
Just got an offer for Warick for Sociology and Quantitative Methods, so happy! 1 down, 4 to go (hopefully!)
Original post by cazzem

Thank you! I sent mine off on the 10th of November and they gave me an offer on the 16th, I wouldn't worry too much as it really seems as though there's no logical basis for anyone giving offers aha! Congratulations with all your others though, let me know when your Exeter offer comes through :smile:
Original post by rosieholdway
Just got an offer for Warick for Sociology and Quantitative Methods, so happy! 1 down, 4 to go (hopefully!)

Congratulations! Is Warick your favourite?
Received conditional offers from all 5 unis for Sociology:
Birmingham
Manchester
Warwick
Surrey
Oxford Brookes(safe option)

I cant pick which one to go to though :frown:
Congratulations! Is Warick your favourite?

I really don't know haha, I like the look of the department from an open day and like the course, but the location is slightly putting me off! Just got my second from Exeter!
Original post by selina_97
Received conditional offers from all 5 unis for Sociology:
Birmingham
Manchester
Warwick
Surrey
Oxford Brookes(safe option)

I cant pick which one to go to though :frown:

Aside from OB, I have offers from the same as you and have no idea which one I want to put as my firm or insurance. They all look really good and each have their pros and cons. At the moment I'm leaning to Surrey though because of the options to do a placement and gap year with one of the other 3 as my insurance because the lower entry requirements.
Reply 38
I've just firmed Uni Of Nottingham!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you decide to firm Nottingham compared to your other choices?

I'm thinking of firming Nottingham as well, although Sheffield looks good as well, and might firm Exeter if I get an offer there. Just wondering why Nottingham?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by cazzem
Why did you decide to firm Nottingham compared to your other choices?

I'm thinking of firming Nottingham as well, although Sheffield looks good as well, and might firm Exeter if I get an offer there. Just wondering why Nottingham?

Thanks! :smile:

For me it just stood out, like I felt it was an environment I could see myself in for 3+years, I was impressed with the talks with the lecturers on open day, I also have friends in different years there that love it and it just generally is a beautiful town! I'm so glad I firmed it tbh. For me it was between there, Birmingham and Loughborough and I feel like I've made the right decision 100% :smile: and the campus was gorgeous!!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending