The Student Room Group

What size Dr martins should I get?! Help!!

Basically I was wondering how true to size are Dr Martins?
Im looking to get a pair of womens dr martins, and in other shoes im normally betwwen a size 5 and 6. So im not sure which will be the best fit.

I usually go for size 5.5 when possible.. but certain types of shoes, like my converse, im a size 5. I'm about 5 foot 4, and i didnt want to go for a size 6 if theyre quite roomy shoes? Because theyll just look huge!
Read the title, was nearly 100% willing to bet a fiver that this was @drowzee posting.
Reply 2
I've never owned a pair of Dr Martens, but Converse always tend to run a little big (long) - for example, I'm normally between a size 11 and 12, but go with size 11 in Cons, so it might not be the best idea to base your judgment on this alone. That is, unless, Dr Martens boots have a similar fit to Converse. I guess your best bet is to just go try a pair on, see what's best for you!
How wide are your feet? I find that DMs tend to run large, though I have narrow feet so that might explain it. I'm usually a UK10 or 11 but my DMs are a UK9 and are still a little roomy.

I agree with the guy above; you should go try some on. They're expensive boots, you don't want to get the wrong size.
It depends which specific style you're looking at, different styles fit differently. Link?
Hey there. I am a size five so I brought size 5 Doc Martin's and I think in reality, they ended up being a size 5.5/6. So go for size 5...If you get anything bigger they'll be too big on you.
ever thought about going to a shop and trying some on?

Quick Reply

Latest