The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades are lower than Entry Requirements (and my AS Results)?

My predicted grades for A2 are ABC which are lower than some of the universities entry requirements that I have considered. However, at AS, my results were ABB (both B's are very high and close to A's!!) Therefore, should I bother applying to universities that require AAB or will i have no chance? My Referee sent back my UCAS application because of my predicted grades and the university choices I had initially chosen.
Reply 1
Predicted grades usually go up slightly. If you achieved ABC I would be expecting a prediction of ABB and possibly AAB, especially if you were close to the A grade boundary. However it does also depend on how hard your teachers think you work ect.
Personally I would talk to your teachers and ask them why they have predicted you what they have (mainly on behalf of the C) before you go on with your UCAS application. If I had achieved ABB at AS I would be applying for both ABB and AAB university's.
Reply 2
Original post by kisaki
Predicted grades usually go up slightly. If you achieved ABC I would be expecting a prediction of ABB and possibly AAB, especially if you were close to the A grade boundary. However it does also depend on how hard your teachers think you work ect.
Personally I would talk to your teachers and ask them why they have predicted you what they have (mainly on behalf of the C) before you go on with your UCAS application. If I had achieved ABB at AS I would be applying for both ABB and AAB university's.

I've applied for two universities that require AAB, the rest is BBB. However, ultimately I honestly believe that I can get AAB! It is just annoying that I have been predicted a grade lower than what i achieved. I have emailed all my subject teachers, (especially the teacher who predicted me a C) and asked why like you suggested! It just sucks because I don't want my offers to get rejected due to my predicted grades.
Reply 3
My teacher changed my prediction from C to B!
Original post by TAN97
My teacher changed my prediction from C to B!
Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by goldenshades
Congrats! :biggrin:

Thank you! He had forgotten that my remark went from a C to a B! (my English Lang paper was marked at a D, but when I got it remarked it went to a B).
Reply 6
That's brilliant! I thought it was odd that you would be predicted lower. Good luck with your application :h:
Original post by TAN97
Thank you! He had forgotten that my remark went from a C to a B! (my English Lang paper was marked at a D, but when I got it remarked it went to a B).

That's very good news. Makes all the difference.
Reply 8
Thank you so much!!😁
Original post by TAN97
My predicted grades for A2 are ABC which are lower than some of the universities entry requirements that I have considered. However, at AS, my results were ABB (both B's are very high and close to A's!!) Therefore, should I bother applying to universities that require AAB or will i have no chance? My Referee sent back my UCAS application because of my predicted grades and the university choices I had initially chosen.

Hi, I have recently applied to do physics at university. I applied to: York (AAA), Liverpool (ABB) twice, Cardiff (AAA-ABB) and Bristol (AAB). At AS I achieved CEEC in Maths Physics Geology and Geography respectively. I sent my app off on friday, and have already been invited to an interview at York and have an offer from Liverpool. My predictions were ABB.

Don't worry about applying to some that are above your predictions!
Reply 10
Original post by yellowfan1555
Hi, I have recently applied to do physics at university. I applied to: York (AAA), Liverpool (ABB) twice, Cardiff (AAA-ABB) and Bristol (AAB). At AS I achieved CEEC in Maths Physics Geology and Geography respectively. I sent my app off on friday, and have already been invited to an interview at York and have an offer from Liverpool. My predictions were ABB.

Don't worry about applying to some that are above your predictions!

Wow that is so good!! Congratulations on your offers so far! That also gives me a bit of reassurance too😁
Original post by TAN97
Wow that is so good!! Congratulations on your offers so far! That also gives me a bit of reassurance too😁

Thank you! That's good :smile: Good luck with your app!
I got bcc at as level and im predicted bbc should i apply for a course with abb requirements?(which i believe i can achieve)
Original post by Alevelhelp97
I got bcc at as level and im predicted bbc should i apply for a course with abb requirements?(which i believe i can achieve)

What is there in your application which would make an admissions tutor believe that, too?
Ive got 2 out of 3 great teacher references?
Ive got 2 out of 3 great teacher references?

What's wrong with the third one? And why are they not predicting you higher if they are good references? See it from the point of view of an admissions tutor who is looking at an application from someone who is three grades below what they have set as the minimum requirement to succeed on the course.
My third teacher just joined the college this year and has given standard references to everyone because she doesn't really know anyone
My third teacher just joined the college this year and has given standard references to everyone because she doesn't really know anyone

They aren't to know that. I'm afraid my points still stand. If you are going to apply to this course, I'd strongly advise you to make the other 4 within your grasp and expect to be disappointed on this one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending