The Student Room Group

St George's A101 (GEM) 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I think interviews have finished now - when does everyone think we'll hear?
Reply 61
Original post by MAM_GA
I think interviews have finished now - when does everyone think we'll hear?

3-4 weeks they said to our group yesterday. Apparently there's a meeting in 2.5 weeks' time where they make the final decisions. Urk.
Reply 62
Original post by rosalita
3-4 weeks they said to our group yesterday. Apparently there's a meeting in 2.5 weeks' time where they make the final decisions. Urk.

Oh nooo that's too long! It looks like last year they heard a week after interviews finished though....
Original post by MAM_GA
Oh nooo that's too long! It looks like last year they heard a week after interviews finished though....

Yeah they said in the presentation 3-4 weeks from your interview date, which makes me think they might do it in batches? It's hard to tell if everything will be released at once or not. I'm trying so hard not to think about it, it's like waiting for GAMSAT to be released all over again lol
We were told we'd likely hear in a little under 4 weeks.

How did everyone find the interview? I feel I messed up two stations but it wasn't as awful as expected.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Natha_Lite

How did everyone find the interview? I feel I messed up two stations but it wasn't at awful as expected.

Morning or afternoon?
Original post by tania<3
Morning or afternoon?

Morning
Reply 67

How did everyone find the interview? I feel I messed up two stations but it wasn't at awful as expected.

Started horribly but I think I bounced back decently and finished strong. Sitting in silence was fairly disconcerting- I think I sat for a full minute after one of the stations.

Overall, I have no idea. I think I did similarly well to my Warwick interview which got me an offer, but St George's have a much lower chance of offer post interview which makes me unsure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I overestimated how much time I had and spent too long reading questions, ran out of time in some stations.. it was awful at the time but I keep giggling every time I remember my face at each station lol
Original post by liam__
Started horribly but I think I bounced back decently and finished strong. Sitting in silence was fairly disconcerting- I think I sat for a full minute after one of the stations.

Overall, I have no idea. I think I did similarly well to my Warwick interview which got me an offer, but St George's have a much lower chance of offer post interview which makes me unsure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think it went about the same as Warwick, but I wasn't too happy with that interview either so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Do you know which uni you'd like to firm?

Original post by Ethereal Consort
I overestimated how much time I had and spent too long reading questions, ran out of time in some stations.. it was awful at the time but I keep giggling every time I remember my face at each station lol

I had the same problem on a couple of stations. The lack of reading time between stations threw me off slightly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 70
Yeah I think it went about the same as Warwick, but I wasn't too happy with that interview either so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Do you which uni you'd like to firm?

I'd firm St George's in a heartbeat. I do really like both unis, but St George's would be far more convenient for me.

What about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Do they release in batches? Or like offers first then rejections? Some of the undergrad found out quite quickly after interviews? Such a long and draining process :frown:
Original post by liam__
I'd firm St George's in a heartbeat. I do really like both unis, but St George's would be far more convenient for me.

What about you?

I'm not sure yet, I'm still weighing up the pros and cons between Warwick, St George's and Notts but I'm leaning slightly towards Notts atm.
Reply 73
I'm not sure yet, I'm still weighing up the pros and cons between Warwick, St George's and Notts but I'm leaning slightly towards Notts atm.

I did my undergrad at Notts. It's a great uni, I only have good things to say. My medic friends give the course glowing reviews too.
Reply 74
Original post by liam__

This. I've an offer from Southampton, and am very grateful for it. But I really want SGUL now. Although the more I think about my interview the less likely it seems…. Must seek out other distractions...
This. I've an offer from Southampton, and am very grateful for it. But I really want SGUL now. Although the more I think about my interview the less likely it seems…. Must seek out other distractions...

Congrats on your Southampton offer! Can i ask why you prefer SGUL over Southampton? Just curious :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by Sophia08
Congrats on your Southampton offer! Can i ask why you prefer SGUL over Southampton? Just curious :smile:

I've heard the intake at sgul is more diverse ie more older people changing career - and I'm an older person changing career. For the same reason, as going back to studying is going to be a bit of a shock to the system, I like the university-hospital aspect, and that the whole place is focused on professional training in medicine/health. Plus I've lived in SW London quite a bit, so it's sort of home. Oh and my husband works in London so if it ends up being Southampton, it will be one hella commute for one of us!

So, nothing at all against Southampton, just SGUL makes lots more sense for me. (My GEM choices were limited as I have a social science degree).

What are your preferences?
(edited 8 years ago)
I've heard the intake at sgul is more diverse ie more older people changing career - and I'm an older person changing career. For the same reason, as going back to studying is going to be a bit of a shock to the system, I like the university-hospital aspect, and that the whole place is focused on professional training in medicine/health. Plus I've lived in SW London quite a bit, so it's sort of home. Oh and my husband works in London so if it ends up being Southampton, it will be one hella commute for one of us!

So, nothing at all against Southampton, just SGUL makes lots more sense for me. (My GEM choices were limited as I have a social science degree).

What are your preferences?

Oh I see, SGUL definitely does make more sense for you :smile: and it's a great uni, I did my undergrad there.

I've applied to Swansea, Notts, SGUL and Liverpool. I don't have a top choice, not as keen on Liverpool as the others, no particular reason though. Right now an offer from any one would be great!
I called SGUL today as I have a job interview tomorrow and wanted to be able to give them a rough idea. The admissions office told me 'mid to late March' - so a bit more than 4 weeks from my interview date (which was beginning of Feb).
Reply 79
Looking at the thread from last year, we should've heard today... I think they tell us all together on the same day rather than staggering them out, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending