The Student Room Group

St George's A101 (GEM) 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Time moving pretty slowly... Although having already been through the disappointment of getting a rejection on track 2 weeks ago (which sgul can't amend, but they tell me I'm def still on the waitlist) I feel like I'm better prepared for 5 May than I would have been otherwise!
Reply 161
Has anyone with an offer had any other communications from George's apart from the initial offer email? I'm thinking DBS/Health checks?
Reply 162
Original post by liam__
Has anyone with an offer had any other communications from George's apart from the initial offer email? I'm thinking DBS/Health checks?

I haven't received anything further from St. George's. However, I only firmed on Monday so maybe will receive something now it's firmed? Have you received anything?
Reply 163
Original post by robbo83
I haven't received anything further from St. George's. However, I only firmed on Monday so maybe will receive something now it's firmed? Have you received anything?

I firmed ages ago and haven't had anything else. Maybe they're waiting till everyone firms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
Original post by liam__
I firmed ages ago and haven't had anything else. Maybe they're waiting till everyone firms.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes - hopefully we will hear something soon.
Reply 165
Hey waitlisters, after this mornings email is anyone else in the same position? have an offer elsewhere but am still torn between what I would take if I had an offer from SGUL. I"m concerned that now we will get an automatic "rejection" on May 5th that my only option will be to accept my other offer and then by default be taken off the SGUL wait list.
Original post by CM2016
Hey waitlisters, after this mornings email is anyone else in the same position? have an offer elsewhere but am still torn between what I would take if I had an offer from SGUL. I"m concerned that now we will get an automatic "rejection" on May 5th that my only option will be to accept my other offer and then by default be taken off the SGUL wait list.

Yep - exact same position. Have another offer but would take SGUL like a shot if I had the option. I suppose there could be movement before 8 June, but only if loads of people (many of whom might be in a similar position to us with different combos of offers) make early decisions. I feel your pain!
Reply 167
Because us wait listers won't get the UCAS rejection until May 5th, our deadline for replying to other offers we have will be 8th June?
Reply 168
Apparently so Con94 but I haven't written confirmation of that. Does anyone know where it says that on UCAS? I had thought we had 2 weeks once we had a response back from all our choices, which would bring us to May 19th...
Original post by CM2016
Apparently so Con94 but I haven't written confirmation of that. Does anyone know where it says that on UCAS? I had thought we had 2 weeks once we had a response back from all our choices, which would bring us to May 19th...

Original post by CON94
Because us wait listers won't get the UCAS rejection until May 5th, our deadline for replying to other offers we have will be 8th June?

The deadline should be on your UCAS track page (it is on mine).
Reply 170
Thanks Rosalita, It says June 8th on UCAS track now now after yesterday's automatic rejection from SGUL.
I am in a reverse position to Rosalita and CM2016; offer holder at SGUL, and rejected from Liverpool (which would be my preferred choice). Waiting as close to the deadline of June 8th as possible before accepting SGUL and trying to stay in contact with the admissions department at Liverpool in case they fall below their quota. It sounds like there may be a number of people doing the exact same thing across the board which doesn't bode well :frown:
Original post by heolines
I am in a reverse position to Rosalita and CM2016; offer holder at SGUL, and rejected from Liverpool (which would be my preferred choice). Waiting as close to the deadline of June 8th as possible before accepting SGUL and trying to stay in contact with the admissions department at Liverpool in case they fall below their quota. It sounds like there may be a number of people doing the exact same thing across the board which doesn't bode well :frown:

Hi Heo. Good luck from me. I actually got an offer from SGUL last week, so these minor miracles can happen, and there must be some movement in the system. I think your strategy is the right one, and I really hope it works out for you. (Also, as a Northerner, I applaud your preference for Liverpool :smile: ).
Original post by rosalita
Hi Heo. Good luck from me. I actually got an offer from SGUL last week, so these minor miracles can happen, and there must be some movement in the system. I think your strategy is the right one, and I really hope it works out for you. (Also, as a Northerner, I applaud your preference for Liverpool :smile: ).

Congratulations, see you next year! :smile:
Reply 174
I had already accepted an offer on UCAS at the start of the week, but still had an email from George's offering me a place. Not sure if they'd decided in advance and took ages to offer it to me, or that they didn't check UCAS at all. But the list is definitely moving, so if you're on it, the best of luck!
Hey guys, so I've finally resolved to reapply come October and actually take the gamsat this time, and I was just wondering if you guys could tell me the best gamsat prep materials, and how long before the exam, you would suggest to start prepping?

Ps: Congrats to those who got offers, and commiserations to those like me who didn't quite make the cut

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, last year when did you guys begin hearing about interviews and cut-offs for GAMSAT??
Original post by rosalita

Hey, I am applying this year and I was just wondering if SGUL release cut-offs before interviews are given or the other way round??
How are you finding medical school??
And congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending