The Student Room Group

Warwick or Bristol?

Which one has a good law school?:s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by emma_luna
Which one has a good law school?:s-smilie:

Both are highly rated Law Schools... I am a Bristol Grad, so I am intimately more familiar with Bristol.

However, I think the prudent question is, which one do you feel you will feel most comfortable attending.

Bristol has a strong Law Society; I am sure the same would be true for Warwick.

Bristol has all of the top firms attending its Law Fair, and has a few chambers dotted amongst the landscape as well; I am sure the same is true for Warwick

Bristol perennially sends heaps of Grads to Magic, Silver Circle and US Firms... I am sure that this is also true for Warwick

My suggestion would be to research each uni and try to get a sense of where you feel you would best fit... If you enjoy your environment, then you are more likely to excel academically.

Good luck on your choice
Reply 2
Original post by vnupe
Both are highly rated Law Schools... I am a Bristol Grad, so I am intimately more familiar with Bristol.

However, I think the prudent question is, which one do you feel you will feel most comfortable attending.

Bristol has a strong Law Society; I am sure the same would be true for Warwick.

Bristol has all of the top firms attending its Law Fair, and has a few chambers dotted amongst the landscape as well; I am sure the same is true for Warwick

Bristol perennially sends heaps of Grads to Magic, Silver Circle and US Firms... I am sure that this is also true for Warwick

My suggestion would be to research each uni and try to get a sense of where you feel you would best fit... If you enjoy your environment, then you are more likely to excel academically.

Good luck on your choice

I'm from Malaysia. It is quite hard for me to make the decision on which university I'm going to apply for LLB course in UK. Do you have any other suggestions on UK universities which have good law school apart from Bristol University? Do you think Manchester University also has a good law school?
Reply 3
Original post by emma_luna
I'm from Malaysia. It is quite hard for me to make the decision on which university I'm going to apply for LLB course in UK. Do you have any other suggestions on UK universities which have good law school apart from Bristol University? Do you think Manchester University also has a good law school?

Univeristy of Nottingham, well known in South East Asia, in particular Malaysia.

University of Manchester also has a good law school, but recently has been removed by the government of Singapore from their recognised list of law schools. That should be a consideration for you who may wish to work in your home region after graduation.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending