The Student Room Group

Maths, History, Economic, Biology A level choices

Is this combination of A levels regarded well by universities? Particularly LSE and Warwick.
Would taking these A levels be hard to cope with together?
Thinking of going into a financial career. Would these A levels help? Not much choice for other A levels that compliment finance.
Reply 1
Original post by miniflag123
Is this combination of A levels regarded well by universities? Particularly LSE and Warwick.
Thinking of going into a financial career. Would these A levels help? Not much choice for other A levels that compliment finance.

Try taking further maths unis see it as very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Sounds horrendous!
Reply 3
Original post by Smonnie
Sounds horrendous!

AS isn't very hard and it might just give you that edge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Saj5677
AS isn't very hard and it might just give you that edge

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant the combination of subjects.
Reply 5
Original post by Smonnie
I meant the combination of subjects.

I know i realised when i posted it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing you're still in GCSE, so I would say maths and economics shouldn't be too bad for you if you're working at grade A (note that I didn't say achieve a grade A, some people working at grade A get a B because they underperformed in an exam, some people working at grade A get lucky in the exam for an A*)
Also from someone who takes maths, it's not too hard, as long as you go over the stuff as you're taught it and keep your notes clear, it's fine. Maths is also essential for most finance/economics course. History I didn't take but heard it was a lot of work, and biology too, lot's of content to learn. Together though they're all pretty good for finance, some people would recommend further maths, and yes it's a good recommendation but that depends on how well you're doing right now. You picked pretty heavy options, but how well you cope is fully down to time management and organisation. Make sure that those are mostly subjects you enjoy because it'll make the course 10 x easier, the only thing getting me through the mechanics section of physics right now is that it's my favourite subject, so I'm eager to manage my time for it and look over stuff I don't get.
Reply 7
Original post by meediaabid
I'm guessing you're still in GCSE, so I would say maths and economics shouldn't be too bad for you if you're working at grade A (note that I didn't say achieve a grade A, some people working at grade A get a B because they underperformed in an exam, some people working at grade A get lucky in the exam for an A*)
Also from someone who takes maths, it's not too hard, as long as you go over the stuff as you're taught it and keep your notes clear, it's fine. Maths is also essential for most finance/economics course. History I didn't take but heard it was a lot of work, and biology too, lot's of content to learn. Together though they're all pretty good for finance, some people would recommend further maths, and yes it's a good recommendation but that depends on how well you're doing right now. You picked pretty heavy options, but how well you cope is fully down to time management and organisation. Make sure that those are mostly subjects you enjoy because it'll make the course 10 x easier, the only thing getting me through the mechanics section of physics right now is that it's my favourite subject, so I'm eager to manage my time for it and look over stuff I don't get.

Thanks. I enjoy all 4 subjects. Think that they well best suit me for A level.
Thanks. I enjoy all 4 subjects. Think that they well best suit me for A level.

No problem:-) good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest