The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You have to sign up, on the left side of student home, under tools, there should be a link that says Google apps mail or something like that
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Hey! Yeah I've literally just done mine, go to SudentHome, and I think it's called 'Google Apps', and from there you get assigned an email address which ends in @my.open.ac.uk :biggrin:
I just signed up for MS Office for free!!
Original post by nickc
Anyone any ideas if us open uni students are given an email address. I am after signing up for amazon prime student but you need an email address ending in ac.uk, from what I have read open uni students have definitely been assigned them in the past but can't find anything about how to obtain it.

You can sign up without an ac.uk email address btw. I signed up yesterday by emailing them a pic of my NUS card
Original post by Professor Oak
You can sign up without an ac.uk email address btw. I signed up yesterday by emailing them a pic of my NUS card

Are ac.uk emails for life?
Original post by Bushido Brown

Nope I'm afraid not, they close your account after you leave uni :frown:
No.

they are for your course duration and are deleted shortly after the course ends.
they cover all staff at the institution as well.

whenever somebody leaves, the account is recycled.

It used to be that you could only get an apple student discount with an ac email.
You couldn't /can't access the prices on the apple education site unless from a computer that was logged in on the JANUS system.
Reply 7
Original post by domonict
No.

they are for your course duration and are deleted shortly after the course ends.

It used to be that you could only get an apple student discount with an ac email.
You couldn't /can't access the prices on the apple education site unless from a computer that was logged in on the JANUS system.

I still have mine, and I finished my degree earlier this year
Help I’m trying to do this but my google .ac.uk account doesn’t seem to be receiving or sending emails 😢 xxx
Did they not just switch to email365?
Original post by Persipan
Did they not just switch to email365?

It’s not live yet it’s changing this month, I managed to sort it in the end 😎 now have prime and 365 :smile: xxz
Reply 11
Amazon doesn't seem to want to recognise my OU email address as valid, any tips?
I've just reapplied for my NUS card which came through fine. I've now tried to renew my membership with Unidays but they said they've sent a verification email to my open university email address which I can't seem to log into...

Anyone know what to do please?
Reply 13
Original post by Bushido Brown

Original post by Professor Oak
Nope I'm afraid not, they close your account after you leave uni :frown:

Original post by domonict
No.

I still have access to my OU email account, and it's now 2 years after I graduated.
Reply 14
I too signed up for an OU email, and have been given an address, but I'm not able to send/receive: what do I do?
I've signed up for a course starting in Feb. I've gone through the motions of signing up but it takes me to a page'Open University Authorisation DeniedSorry, you are not authorised to access this page.This page belongs to a service that you are not authorised to use.'Bah humbug. Maybe its because my course has not started yet or my student loan has not been approved.
Original post by MoominMaiden
I've signed up for a course starting in Feb. I've gone through the motions of signing up but it takes me to a page'Open University Authorisation DeniedSorry, you are not authorised to access this page.This page belongs to a service that you are not authorised to use.'Bah humbug. Maybe its because my course has not started yet or my student loan has not been approved.

Yeah, it's cos your course has not started.
How do you register for and ac.uk email address I can’t find google apps on the page
Original post by Twisty43
How do you register for and ac.uk email address I can’t find google apps on the page

The new .ac.uk email addresses are Office 365 addresses. There should be a link from the student home page under Tools (or go to login.microsoftonline.com), and you just log on with OUCU@ou.ac.uk (where OUCU is your Open University Computer User login, typically your initials or zy followed by some numbers) and the same password you use for the OU's site.
I've been trying to do this for last 1/2 hr but it says my username or password is wrong. I've used my personal [email protected] and my login password but to no avail. Might this be because I haven't finished registering for my latest module?

Latest

Trending

Trending