The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Okay, well, I think we're ready to go to a vote on this now.
:dito:
Reply 42
I believe so.
Reply 43
I'd be intersted to see what the US rep has to say further :evil:
Reply 44
The United States refuses to engage in these pointless talks with the UNCHR delegate.

They are nonsensical, out of character and a waste of time.
Reply 45
prufrock
The United States refuses to engage in these pointless talks with the UNCHR delegate.

Ah, so the US delegate can't refute logical argument so he resorts to illogical ones.
prufrock

They are in character, it's his job to call countries to account about human rights issues, he is doing so.
--------

I'll put a poll up now, just a reminder though that you are largely speaking responsible for your own resolutions so you can put up the poll yourself if you think the time is right. :smile: (The obvious exception being when a non SC country sends a resolution to the SC.)
Reply 47
Qatar has voted against this resolution which undermines the complexity of the issue, and hope other members will do the same. The Morroco government does not need this patronising "invitation", Qatar is fully confident that Morocco's is aware of the situation.
Reply 48
Morocco is no doubt aware of the situation - and has in fact had fifteen years in which to call a referendum since the UN called for one in 1991. A reminder from the international community that the issue remains unresolved cannot be a bad thing.
Reply 49
France has voted against this Resolution :smile:
This resolution has failed.
Reply 51
Aw, shucks :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending