The Student Room Group

Any aviators/aviators-to-be here?

We come across all sorts of posts on TSR. Let's dedicate this one specifically for aviation and those that are into it. So anyone out there? Share your thoughts/ideas here.

Scroll to see replies

I want to be an air hostess for Emirates or Qatar,I really love the uniform :love:

Sorry hamoody :redface:
Reply 2
Oooh dem pretty thangs :biggrin:
Emirates and Qatar are just the best :heart:
And what's the sorry about?
Original post by Hamoody96
Oooh dem pretty thangs :biggrin:
Emirates and Qatar are just the best :heart:
And what's the sorry about?

Exactly,they always look so pretty and elegant :h:

I interrupted your thread :mmm:
Reply 4
Not an aviator but I love listening to Air Traffic Control.
Reply 5
IKR!! I always choose Emirates for travelling. Emirates is just BAE :colondollar: The luxury and services they offer are unbeatable.
3aadi, it was related to aviation.
Apology accepted :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by meenu89
Not an aviator but I love listening to Air Traffic Control.

Isn't it interesting? That's like music to my ears. They sound so smart :u:. Where do you listen to it from?
Reply 7
Isn't it interesting? That's like music to my ears. They sound so smart :u:. Where do you listen to it from?

Global tuners and liveatc.net. Got my 17 month old listening to it too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by meenu89
Global tuners and liveatc.net. Got my 17 month old listening to it too.

Liveatc.net is the second highest priority bookmark on my browser. Additionally, it has a feed for Dubai International and the most beautiful thing is listening to it while watching the aircrafts landing. It's like being in the cabin real-time <3
I'm into aviation and becoming a pilot is one of my potential career options.
Reply 10
Original post by TheTechN1304
I'm into aviation and becoming a pilot is one of my potential career options.

How much do you mean by that. You know there are different kinds of people out there. Some that are just "interested", some that like it, and the others who are really deeply into it, the true ones. Which one are you?
We come across all sorts of posts on TSR. Let's dedicate this one specifically for aviation and those that are into it. So anyone out there? Share your thoughts/ideas here.

I will be beginning aeronautical engineering this year, Inshallah will join emirates after I finish it. Love to be pilot, but its too expensive to train in emirates aviation university but I think its worth it, maybe I will after getting a job.
How much do you mean by that. You know there are different kinds of people out there. Some that are just "interested", some that like it, and the others who are really deeply into it, the true ones. Which one are you?

Deeply into it. Keep up with aviation news (commercial), do a lot of plane spotting (I live near Heathrow) and I've been to quite a few exhibitions. Don't really have much time anymore, but I also used to do flight simulator etc. videos on YouTube haha.
Reply 13
Deeply into it. Keep up with aviation news (commercial), do a lot of plane spotting (I live near Heathrow) and I've been to quite a few exhibitions. Don't really have much time anymore, but I also used to do flight simulator etc. videos on YouTube haha.

Thou art certified then :biggrin:
Good enough. A planespotter ooooh. I wish I could, but it's illegal in my country :frown:
Thou art certified then :biggrin:
Good enough. A planespotter ooooh. I wish I could, but it's illegal in my country :frown:

Illegal? Why? :L
Reply 15
Original post by Azhar Rana
I will be beginning aeronautical engineering this year, Inshallah will join emirates after I finish it. Love to be pilot, but its too expensive to train in emirates aviation university but I think its worth it, maybe I will after getting a job.

Oooh same as me..!! Beginning Sept 2016 insha Allah. And then I'll get a chance to hang out with them pretty aircrafts <3 Yeah apparently it is. But I heard Fujairah is slightly cheaper. Never investigated though. Yes you will get it all back, bas it will take years to do it. And you can't just get into Emirates after training. You need to have atleast 2500 flying hours to do that :frown:
Reply 16
Illegal? Why? :L

The belief is that planespotters could harm the security of the country. But I never quite understood that phrase :s-smilie:
How can such a peaceful group of planespotters possibly harm the aircrafts???!!?!?
Oooh same as me..!! Beginning Sept 2016 insha Allah. And then I'll get a chance to hang out with them pretty aircrafts <3 Yeah apparently it is. But I heard Fujairah is slightly cheaper. Never investigated though. Yes you will get it all back, bas it will take years to do it. And you can't just get into Emirates after training. You need to have atleast 2500 flying hours to do that :frown:

Mashallah, Do your best :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
I want to be an air hostess for Emirates or Qatar,I really love the uniform :love:

Can't say much for Emirates, but QA is brutal in terms of how staff are treated. Supposedly it's impressive to make it past the 1st/2nd year. Also apparently they aren't treated well. Looks flowery on the outside, but in reality working as an air hostess for QA is very hard
Original post by queen-bee

thats my back up plan!! hopefully for BA tho

Quick Reply