The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR History B Paper 1 (Core Content Germany)

How Did Everyone find this paper I didnt find it too bad as I had seen most of the sources before in the lessons we had, but i must admit the photograph of Hitler in prison threw me a little bit as I had never seen a source like that before and seemed a little irrelevant. I choose Cuba as my section B as I find that straightforward and weimar republic as my last question as we have has tht taught to us so many times!

In General I didnt find it too bad at all how about everyone else
Reply 1
I found it quite easy, I used the source of Hitler to talk about how he made a passionate plea in his trial and how it gave him loads of support but at the same time he couldn't do much. It gave him time to think and write mein kamph and finally he had time to decide his next straitage which was to gain power through the weimar government!! This was then expanded on in another question. History is my best subject so I wrote and wrote and wrote, 13 sides in total! but I rtied not to waffle, what do you think paper two is going to be about? There are three, people have bets on which one it will be...
Reply 2
I dont think it will be Women Suffrage as they had last year, Im betting Liberal Reforms as I just have a funny feeling it will be that.
Reply 3
I saw the bbc history cds in the magazine for britain from 100 to 1919 is what i have seven cds and they are brilliant the say all about liberal refroms, womens suffrage....
Reply 4
*1900 even not 100
Reply 5
I hope it isnt Liberal reforms as I know least about them, but I always find that you dont need to know alot of factual knowledge for Paper 2 just know how to analyse a source. What was your CWK like we did ours on Roosevelt and the New deal and our source one on prohibition.
Reply 6
prohibition and Russia, collectivisation etc. What are you hopeing to get gradewise?
Reply 7
Hopefully an A but you never know but I am targeted as an A how about you?
Reply 8
I'm going for A* it is me best subject though, I'm trying to get the highest result possible couse Its what I want to take a t uni. For me mock I managed 94% overall but I dont know if I can do that again, so what questions did you do? I did 1, 4, 7, 9
Reply 9
2 The One with Uncle Sam (I only did this one because American sources are more straightforward then British) Then I did the Cuba questions you know Explain about the Bay Of Pigs etc, Then the Photographic source of Hitler and then the last one the question on weimar Germany
Reply 10
ah yes, the amercian one i couldn't quite remember, it was sooo funny though as all the year does the same paper that did history, and the people around me (surnames s,t, w etc) seemed to all be foundation people (due to the amount of fake coffing) so there I was looking at the time notcing I had twenty minutes left and started scribbleing manically to finish when all around me people were twiddling their thumbs and scribbling on tables! So I then ask for more paper(my third and final sheet) and finished with two minutes to spare. Though I do know what they mean. In english I spent 15 minutes pretending to finish questions I had already done becuase people next to me were wrtining!!
Reply 11
Yeah usually I have time to spare because I am a fast write but today i wa shaving to push myselff to finish which i like because i hate having toime to spare at the end and just sitting there doing nothing
Reply 12
The first source through me a bit since id never seen it before and couldnt quite see the point but I answered it well I think.

In section B I answered the first question on the peace treaties, id seen the picture of Hitler before so that was ok- as with the other poster I argued that whilst it did show the putsch was a disaster in some ways- the party couldnt move foward without its leaders it can also be seen as a good thing because it gave Hitler time to reformulate his plans for Germany through democratic rather than revolutionary means. The other questions in that section on the poster and extract were both easy enough. For the final section I chose the first question on Weimar era since I find that subject easier than the questions on youth/women in Germany.

Wrote 9 pages which seemed about right. Had about 40 minutes left at the end which was boring though I used it to check my writing which is fast but a close relative of hieroglyphics :tongue:

Overall a pretty good paper :smile:
Reply 13
I know, before our exam the teachers say... and if you have time to spare, sleep I'm sure a teacher will laugh at you before you are woken up!! ah well I try my hardest not to look at whats written on the desks so I lose my trail of thought!
Reply 14
well its paper two tomorrow,a re people ready for the homefront, women's suffrage and the liberal reforms?

Latest