The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Applicants for BA Fashion Marketing Fall 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maya-M
Hi guys, I've applied to LCF - Fashion Marketing and Ravensbourne - Fashion Promotion which are my top two choices. I really don't know what my chances of getting in are, as I'm not from the UK. I graduated from High School in Sweden in 2010, with quite bad grades. I’ve pursued higher studies in the U.S. and graduated with an Associate’s Degree in Journalism from Santa Monica College and I will be receiving my second A.A. from Fashion Institute of Technology in Fashion Business Management. Since High School, I’ve raised my grades and I now have GPA of 3.60 and 3.68 which means that I’ve received mostly A’s and few B’s in my classes. But I’m still afraid that my grades from High School will affect my chances of getting in…I’m very anxious and can’t understand what kind of GPA they are requiring as they are looking individually on the applicants. I also have experiences with interning and volunteering in the fashion industry if that helps. What kind of grades and experiences did you guys have? Do you think they will ask for a portfolio? Thanks!

Hi Maya-M!

I am a Ravensbourne student and pleased to hear you are interested in the university :smile:
I study animation but here is a breakdown of the portfolio checklist for fashion promotion.
Click Me

Wish you the best!
Jay :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by emrud
Has anyone else not heard back from Leeds yet? they asked me to submit some work and that was ages ago and they've not got back to me :/

Same here! Ive already got 4/5 offers so just waiting to hear back from this one! I emailed my work a week later but didnt get any acknowledgment back:/
Reply 102
Original post by ehutchcraft
Same here! Ive already got 4/5 offers so just waiting to hear back from this one! I emailed my work a week later but didnt get any acknowledgment back:/

I've heard back from them, I applied back in November and got in a week later
Original post by Elena____
I've heard back from them, I applied back in November and got in a week later

I applied back in November too! Leeds Beckett or University of Leeds? I'm thinking of withdrawing my application so I can firm one of my other offers and start looking at accommodation!
Reply 104
Original post by ehutchcraft
I applied back in November too! Leeds Beckett or University of Leeds? I'm thinking of withdrawing my application so I can firm one of my other offers and start looking at accommodation!

University of Leeds
Original post by emrud
Has anyone else not heard back from Leeds yet? they asked me to submit some work and that was ages ago and they've not got back to me :/

Same! I submitted my work to them about a month ago and still haven't heard back !
Reply 106
Hey everyone! There's a chat group set up for us on FB with other UAL Applicants in it! I thought I'd share it here with everyone!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/896581877086492/
Hey guys, has anyone received a reply from the University of Leeds for fashion marketing? They haven't replied to me yet and its stressing me out as I have handed in the work they asked for.
Reply 108
Original post by sanahdawood
Hey guys, has anyone received a reply from the University of Leeds for fashion marketing? They haven't replied to me yet and its stressing me out as I have handed in the work they asked for.

I have, I applied quite early and received my offer on November the 17th. Don't stress out too much about it, they are probably still viewing the last of the applications
I have, I applied quite early and received my offer on November the 17th. Don't stress out too much about it, they are probably still viewing the last of the applications

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. It's just stressful as it is my first choice. Did they also ask you to submit work? I want to ring up and ask but I don't want to sound so desperate :biggrin:
Original post by sanahdawood

Hey! I have an offer for Leeds, i applied in December and got an offer pretty soon after, although I wasn't asked to submit any work?? I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure they will get back to you soon, fingers crossed you get an offer!!!
Reply 111
No I wasn't asked to submit any work, I think you should ring them or pop them an email to show that you really want the position.
Original post by Pippabrown
Hey! I have an offer for Leeds, i applied in December and got an offer pretty soon after, although I wasn't asked to submit any work?? I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure they will get back to you soon, fingers crossed you get an offer!!!

Thank you! I applied on the 13th of Jan due to my tutor taking his time writing my reference :s-smilie:
For the work, UoL asked for me to visually communicate two fashion brands to see if I have a good understanding of presentation and layout skills.
is anybody still waiting on LCF for a response?
Original post by Ameliaja
is anybody still waiting on LCF for a response?

Me
Original post by nn.f.rgn
Me

i got an offer on tuesday, i think they've only just started giving offers this week so they should come through soon x
Reply 116
Original post by Ashwinnieee
acki got an offer on tuesday, i think they've only just started giving offers this week so they should come through soon x

I got mine back in January, but I'm international that's probably why
I got mine back in January, but I'm international that's probably why

that makes sense, I am a UK student so i think they must have finished with internationals and started on the UK/EU students :biggrin:
UCA Epsom is really good for fashion. I went to their open day and got a place for the Fashion Promotion and Imaging course

Original post by aidahidalgo
What are your thoughts on UCA Epsom? I've applied to UAL, UCA, Falmouth, Marangoni and Westminster (all fashion marketing or fashion bussiness related.) So far I've received offers from UCA and Marangoni. If I dont get into UAL, which is my first choice, I wouldnt know how to decide between UCA and Marangoni. Any advice? x
I've got a place at UCA Epsom on the Fashion Promotion and Imaging course. Yeah the interview was informal

Original post by Ashwinnieee
Hiya! i've applied for BA Fashion Marketing, I've got three offers from Leeds, Falmouth and Southampton (Winchester) and an interview at UCA Epsom, has anyone applied to Epsom?? I didn't realised there was an interview process for it but i think its more informal. I'm also waiting on LCF but that will defo take a while haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending