The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

MSc Public Policy / Public Management

Hey Guys,

anyone applying for the MSc Public Policy and Administration and / or the MSc Public Management and Governance?

If so, what is your background and the status of your application?

Here some facts about me:

- Nationality: German
- Academic Background: Law (we don't really separate in under- and postgraduate; I am allowed to call myself "Magister Juris")
- Current Profession: Research Assistant / PhD-Student (might be confusing, but it's actually quite common to achieve both a PhD and a(nother) postgraduate degree after finishing law school [normally a LL.M] Germans love titles...)

Date of application: 13/11/15

Reply 1
Hey!
I am applying to MSc Public Management and Governance, it's my second choice. I sent the application just yesterday.

I'm Italian and under-graduating in Political Science :smile:

I see you applied a looooong ago! How did it go ?

Good luck!!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Wow, finally, a reply :biggrin:

Good luck with your application! It went pretty well. I received an offer for the PPA, my first choice :smile: .
Reply 3
Congratulations!!!

How long did it take before you got the results?

I guess you got it in January, having applied in November... I'm a bit worried I might have submitted my application late...

Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
I had to sent some additional documents, so my application was not forwarded to the department until 8 December. I received my offer on 20 January, thus after 5 weeks (counting in christmas break). Since your programme of choice is not full yet, I dont think that you've applied to late.
Reply 5
Ok! Thank you!
Fingers crossed :smile:
Hi Flou!

I've gotten an unconditional for the MSc PPA as well. Have you accepted? I'm waiting for a few things to fall into place re funding but am 98% sure I'll be able to accept the offer in the next few weeks.

About me:

I'm a Londoner by birth (and temperament lol) but have spent the last third of my childhood/beginning of adulthood in the USA. I have a bachelors in economics and am currently a research assistant at a think tank in Washington, DC.

Nice to (virtually) meet you! Hopefully we'll get to in person in September.

Best of luck MaviSa!
Reply 7
Thank you H.alexander! :smile:

And congratulations !!
Reply 8
Hey H.alexander,

nice hearing from a fellow Offer-holder!

I Hope, everything will work out with your funding. I already accepted the offer. It is conditional though. I still have to past the language requirements, but a 7.0 toefl shouldnt be a big problem.

Your vita sounds really interesting! Looking forward to meeting you :smile:

Btw: Are you already in the PPA facebook group? A link was included in an email from the department of government that i've received a few days ago.

Original post by H.alexander
Hi Flou!

I've gotten an unconditional for the MSc PPA as well. Have you accepted? I'm waiting for a few things to fall into place re funding but am 98% sure I'll be able to accept the offer in the next few weeks.

About me:

I'm a Londoner by birth (and temperament lol) but have spent the last third of my childhood/beginning of adulthood in the USA. I have a bachelors in economics and am currently a research assistant at a think tank in Washington, DC.

Nice to (virtually) meet you! Hopefully we'll get to in person in September.

Best of luck MaviSa!
Original post by Flou
Hey H.alexander,

nice hearing from a fellow Offer-holder!

I Hope, everything will work out with your funding. I already accepted the offer. It is conditional though. I still have to past the language requirements, but a 7.0 toefl shouldnt be a big problem.

Your vita sounds really interesting! Looking forward to meeting you :smile:

Btw: Are you already in the PPA facebook group? A link was included in an email from the department of government that i've received a few days ago.

Ah, I see. Good luck on the toefl!

I am in the Facebook group! If you are too, feel free to add me as a friend. My name's Hassan :smile:
Original post by Flou
Hey Guys,

anyone applying for the MSc Public Policy and Administration and / or the MSc Public Management and Governance?

If so, what is your background and the status of your application?

Here some facts about me:

- Nationality: German
- Academic Background: Law (we don't really separate in under- and postgraduate; I am allowed to call myself "Magister Juris")
- Current Profession: Research Assistant / PhD-Student (might be confusing, but it's actually quite common to achieve both a PhD and a(nother) postgraduate degree after finishing law school [normally a LL.M] Germans love titles...)

Date of application: 13/11/15

So you have a PhD?
Reply 11
Original post by Juichiro
So you have a PhD?

Im working on it (Its a "Doctor iuris or Dr. iur., we dont call it PhD)
Hi guys, received an offer to read MSc in Philosophy and Public Policy. Congratulations on your offer!
Reply 13
Original post by prospective_grad
Hi guys, received an offer to read MSc in Philosophy and Public Policy. Congratulations on your offer!

Congratulations! Sounds like a really interesting programme :smile:. Are you going to accept?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending