North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Leeonaevam
I'm a 2nd year social work student at BCU so I'm also based at city south campus. I'd really really advise you to live on site or in clv where you'll mostly be able to be with people on the same course because placements are a nightmare to get up to and being a student and a health care student is completely different! I live with nurses and midwives now who I met in halls in first year who really needed to be close to uni. Just something to bear in mind x

Hi, I'm planning on starting social work at bcu in September so at the moment I am looking for student accommodation. I initially wanted to stay on campus however I realised there were no ensuites. I'm stuck as I want to be close to campus but also be somewhere where I can make friends with people on my course but not live on campus
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Phina.b
Hi, I'm planning on starting social work at bcu in September so at the moment I am looking for student accommodation. I initially wanted to stay on campus however I realised there were no ensuites. I'm stuck as I want to be close to campus but also be somewhere where I can make friends with people on my course but not live on campus

I had this same issue, I was appalled about sharing a bathroom! Eventually I just decided to go with living there purely because of the location and that I'd be with other people studying the same course, it was nowhere near as bad as I expected! There is two sets of private halls by Five Ways station (IQ and Liberty Living) but people I met here were with mostly foreign students who wouldn't speak to them so they were very isolated. City South is a bit grim, but you can't fault the price or the location! Sharing a bathroom isn't too bad at all, I lived with 10 girls so it was actually quite tidy, just stock up on cleaning products! xx
Reply 82
Original post by Leeonaevam
I had this same issue, I was appalled about sharing a bathroom! Eventually I just decided to go with living there purely because of the location and that I'd be with other people studying the same course, it was nowhere near as bad as I expected! There is two sets of private halls by Five Ways station (IQ and Liberty Living) but people I met here were with mostly foreign students who wouldn't speak to them so they were very isolated. City South is a bit grim, but you can't fault the price or the location! Sharing a bathroom isn't too bad at all, I lived with 10 girls so it was actually quite tidy, just stock up on cleaning products! xx

I was planning on staying at IQ because I assumed most people from the city south campus would be staying so I would meet a lot of people on the same course there. This has made my decision a lot harder because I really don't want to have to share a bathroom and I don't want to feel isolated with no friends.
Conditional offer for Sociology !
Anyone else studying Sociology?
Original post by emilyfoxall123
Conditional offer for adult nursing, hope to start 2016!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I've just signed up on here, I am doing adult nursing too be nice to get to know a few people before starting :smile:
anyone here commuting?
Original post by danalwill
anyone here commuting?

I'll be driving from Burton to BCU
Original post by melissaxtarr
I recieved an unconditional offer for criminology, is anyone else doing this course??

Ive got a conditional offer for criminology!
Unconditional for ODP, firmly accepted :smile:
Original post by mollyslater
Ive got a conditional offer for criminology!

Unconditional offer for criminology!
Original post by melissaxtarr
I recieved an unconditional offer for criminology, is anyone else doing this course??

I received an unconditional offer for criminology too!
Reply 91
UnConditional FIRM - Digital Media Technolgy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending