The Student Room Group

Advice on studies and A levels

Before I start asking for help, I want to tell you a bit about myself. I am a student from abroad who came from Germany 5/6 years ago and currently studying in England, in a sixth form college. I came here in year 6 but skipped a class to year 7 due to my age.Therefore I was put in low set even though I was capable of getting good grades.However due to English being my third language after German and Urdu of course I had problems. I had no support in High School so had to learn everything myself.This was not a problem until A levels.

A levels are much harder and in the first year I got an B in Chemistry C in Maths and C Biology.In A2 I am getting A's and B's due to intense revision I do everyday.Some Class mates of my say its to much. I know that since I see other people revise less and getting good grades.

Did anyone go through the same or has any revision tips. The main advice I need is on how to improve my English and revision tips. I have started reading books and practicing English grammar but I do not see any change so any advice would be great. Thank you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Have you heard of http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/menu_penpals.php ? You could improve your english by speaking to people on the site- I am an AS French student and I used to use it all the time for GCSE's, to just chat with french people to improve grammar, vocab, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending