The Student Room Group

What degree to take

I'm very interested in going into medical research for my career but I don't know what degree I would need to get into research. I am currently in year 11 and would like to know which A levels would be good options to allow me to go onto medical research. I am also quite interested in engineering and, if possible, wouldn't want to discount it. If anyone could give me advice on what A levels I would need to get on either career and what degree I would need for medical research I would really appreciate it.
Reply 1
Okay thank you, what degree would you recommend as I thought about medicine but I'm not sure if that correlates to that occupation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LiamCollins
Okay thank you, what degree would you recommend as I thought about medicine but I'm not sure if that correlates to that occupation

Posted from TSR Mobile

BioMedical Sciences? Maybe Biochemistry? There's also medical research possible with engineering i.e research into new machines for use in hospitals etcetera . At a maths lecture I went to back in January the lecturer (an engineer) claimed that "engineers save more lives than doctors" not sure if I agree but yeah medical research is still possible through engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending