The Student Room Group

Strathclyde or Glasgow Help!

Hi there, looking for current or previous physics students to help me with my problem. It is coming to the time where I will have to narrow my UCAS choices down into a firm and an insurance and I am confused if I should put Glasgow as my firm and strathclyde as my insurance or pick the two physics courses I am interested in at Strathclyde as both my options. Most people I have spoken to previous uni students (not in physics) and teachers say that Strathclyde is the place to be for physics but if any current Glasgow students could give me a reason as to what makes it superior to Strathclyde then that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Jamie
Reply 1
Depends what you're after in your degree. Way back when I was applying for university, I was more keen on Glasgow than Strathclyde because Glasgow does Theoretical Physics which is what I'm most interested in. There probably isn't too much to choose between them in terms of career prospects but Glasgow probably has a better reputation outside of physics if you want a more generic type of employment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending