The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Bimm manchester 2016

Hi, Everybody. As you are aware, my names Billy and I'm hoping to study in Bimm Manchester in September. Problem is, I'm from Northern Ireland. Where I'm from isn't the issue, it's sorting out accommodation in Manchester and in the case of Bimm, private housing. Essentially why I have created this post is because I'm hoping to find other potential students of Bimm 2016 as I feel as if I should create friendships now so that when it comes to organising accommodation I can already have known my future house mates for near a year. So if you are hoping to study in Bimm in September or are going to be continuing study there, Please reply.

Thanks,

Billy

Scroll to see replies

Hiya, I'm planning on going to bimm and thinking about staying in student village because its close and pretty cheap. But it'd be good to get to know others who are planning to go to bimm as well
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hi, Lucy. I'll add you on Facebook if you are fine with that. I'm not sure if I can afford student village as of yet but sure, we'll get chatting anyway.

Cheers.
Original post by Billylovespizza
Hi, Lucy. I'll add you on Facebook if you are fine with that. I'm not sure if I can afford student village as of yet but sure, we'll get chatting anyway.

Cheers.

Yeah that's fine, it's 'Lucy Holford'
You guys found anything else? Still set on student village?
Original post by stressydino
You guys found anything else? Still set on student village?

Yeah I think thats most likely where I'll be living as long as I get in
Original post by lucyholford
Yeah I think thats most likely where I'll be living as long as I get in

I've been looking at that place as well but I've never been to Manchester so really don't know what to expect:tongue:
Reply 7
I'm planning on going to BIMM Manchester this year as well! I'm looking at Student Village, whats everyone doing about finding flatmates?
Original post by AmyP10
I'm planning on going to BIMM Manchester this year as well! I'm looking at Student Village, whats everyone doing about finding flatmates?

I was just going to leave it and see who I end up with maybe, but I think there's an option to say if you want to be with certain people to be flat mates with when you apply for there?
Reply 9
I was just going to leave it and see who I end up with maybe, but I think there's an option to say if you want to be with certain people to be flat mates with when you apply for there?

Yeah i thought about just leaving it and hoping i get lucky haha apparently you can put that you want to be in a flat with BIMM students so thats good!
Original post by AmyP10
Yeah i thought about just leaving it and hoping i get lucky haha apparently you can put that you want to be in a flat with BIMM students so thats good!

yeah it'd be good to be with people who are going to bimm so I might put that down
Reply 11
yeah it'd be good to be with people who are going to bimm so I might put that down

Yeah definitely!!
I've been accepted into BIMM to do music production and have no idea where to stay, going to view new medlock house and parkway gate this Saturday, looked into that student village but seen a few bad reviews??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by evantinsley
I've been accepted into BIMM to do music production and have no idea where to stay, going to view new medlock house and parkway gate this Saturday, looked into that student village but seen a few bad reviews??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've also heard bad reviews on student village! I just want to be somewhere where BIMM students are thats why its such a struggle because we're surrounded by the Manchester Uni's haha
New Medlock house looks nice and thats close! Do BIMM students usually stay there?
I'm not too sure to be honest but I have a friend studying at BIMM at the moment and he's staying in parkway gate and I'm fairly sure he's with at least two other people from BIMM and the rest are from other uni's, have you been to look round Manchester or BIMM at all yet? Could do with finding some people on here that are already there to see where the majority of them are staying this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I'm not too sure to be honest but I have a friend studying at BIMM at the moment and he's staying in parkway gate and I'm fairly sure he's with at least two other people from BIMM and the rest are from other uni's, have you been to look round Manchester or BIMM at all yet? Could do with finding some people on here that are already there to see where the majority of them are staying this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I looked round BIMM like 2 years ago when i was applying the first time but i'm going to the open day on February 6th as well. I've booked to look round Parkway Gate and New Medlock House on that Saturday as well so hopefully I can find out some more info then!
Did they put your friend in a room near other BIMM students or did he just get lucky?
To be honest I didn't ask him if he got lucky being with other BIMM students, I've now booked to see the student village next Thursday so I'll let you know what I thought of the place and seen as though BIMM is only small you'd think there sort a specific place where most people stay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
To be honest I didn't ask him if he got lucky being with other BIMM students, I've now booked to see the student village next Thursday so I'll let you know what I thought of the place and seen as though BIMM is only small you'd think there sort a specific place where most people stay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah let me know what student village is like :smile: yeah thats what i thought but i don't know where that specific place is?
Went to view parkway gate, new medlock house and Piccadilly point and personally I think I'm set on new medlock house, it's 2 mins away from BIMM and the rooms are very nice, and also they said they have a lot of BIMM student currently staying there and a few that have already booked for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was looking to house share or something because it seems to be a lot cheaper, but new medlock house looks alright to be honest! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending