The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge: MPhil Sociology 2016/17

Hi all! I am about to submit my application for M.Phil in Sociology 2016/17. Is there anyone else who is also interested in this program?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I submitted my application a month ago and my application status is "under the consideration by degree committee". What about you?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Hi, I am going for Ph.D.

I submitted my application in December and it changed to "Under the consideration by degree committee" few days before Christmas. I guess it is not that bad a sign...
Reply 3
Hopefully it goes well! I haven't contacted my nominated supervisor so far... I have my heart set on a probable interview... Any tips for that? :smile:
Original post by sarahma12
Hi all! I am about to submit my application for M.Phil in Sociology 2016/17. Is there anyone else who is also interested in this program?

I did the course in 2010/2011 in case you have any questions :smile:
Hi there! I received the phone interview invitation today. Do you know anything about that? like how will it go or what kind of questions they will ask?
Reply 6
Original post by Daniel Tang
Hi there! I received the phone interview invitation today. Do you know anything about that? like how will it go or what kind of questions they will ask?

Same here. I will be interviewed on next Thursday.
Reply 7
Just submitted my research proposal last night. I'm slightly worried about the proposal itself. Coming from anthropology means my experience of sociological research methods are pretty much nil. I also think the topic was possibly overly theoretical. References/application itself I am fine with, however.

I am nervous, to say the least.
Reply 8
Ah! Today! Sarahma12, your interview is/was today!

How did it go!?
Reply 9
Original post by bill1988
Ah! Today! Sarahma12, your interview is/was today!

How did it go!?

The interviewer should be my perspective supervisor and she only asked me questions about my proposed research project. My application status has become awaiting approval by the BGS right on the day I was interviewed.
The interviewer should be my perspective supervisor and she only asked me questions about my proposed research project. My application status has become awaiting approval by the BGS right on the day I was interviewed.

I had the interview two weeks ago. yet my status is under consideration by degree committee still. I was interviewed with Prof Christel lane. who did you interviewed with?
Reply 11
Hi :smile: I just finished my application yesterday and have started to tackle the research proposal. Could anyone give me any tips on the format you used for the proposal? More or less how specific was it? Does everyone know what exactly they want to be investigating next year?Thanks for your help and lots of luck to everyone with the applications & interviews! :smile:
Reply 12
Hi :smile:
I just finished my application yesterday and have started to tackle the research proposal. Could anyone give me any tips on the format you used for the proposal? More or less how specific was it? Does everyone know what exactly they want to be investigating next year?

Thanks for your help and lots of luck to everyone with the applications & interviews! :smile:

Have a SKYPE interview on Thursday with Ella McPherson. Her research areas are pretty much up my street.

Skype! I must admit I have never used it. I hope it doesn't put me off.

What's the "BGS"? Furthermore, any status change?
Original post by lshire
Hi :smile: I just finished my application yesterday and have started to tackle the research proposal. Could anyone give me any tips on the format you used for the proposal? More or less how specific was it? Does everyone know what exactly they want to be investigating next year?Thanks for your help and lots of luck to everyone with the applications & interviews! :smile:

I have the same question.
i got the conditional offer two weeks ago, anyone got the same offer from Mphil political and economic sociology?
Original post by Craghyrax
I did the course in 2010/2011 in case you have any questions :smile:

hey there, i wanna ask about the career aspect of this course? any information? thanks
How long did it take to receive an offer after your interview?
So... who here is confirmed for October? :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending