The Student Room Group

Job reference vs School Reference - Which would be better to pick?

Which would be better to provide? I've been working as a health Care assistant on a children's ward for a few months now and believe they might be the better place to get the refrence from but would they know me well enough to provide a good rounded refrence that a school teacher who's known me for five years would be able to?
Reply 1
Original post by pikachupotter
Which would be better to provide? I've been working as a health Care assistant on a children's ward for a few months now and believe they might be the better place to get the refrence from but would they know me well enough to provide a good rounded refrence that a school teacher who's known me for five years would be able to?

Get both! The more references you have the more support you have to back up what you say about yourself, it would work in your advantage!
Original post by sw651
Get both! The more references you have the more support you have to back up what you say about yourself, it would work in your advantage!

Are you able to use two? Can only seem to input one referece
Reply 3
Original post by pikachupotter
Are you able to use two? Can only seem to input one referece

That is unusual, normally you can put one personal and one professional. In that case go professional, as they have known you in a work capacity which is important
Original post by sw651
That is unusual, normally you can put one personal and one professional. In that case go professional, as they have known you in a work capacity which is important

Ah, okay then. Thanks so much!
It depends how long you've been out of education. If it's within two years, most places will want an academic reference.

It's best to check with the places you're applying. You can always supply an additional, professional reference, directly to the university if that's what they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForestCat
It depends how long you've been out of education. If it's within two years, most places will want an academic reference.

It's best to check with the places you're applying. You can always supply an additional, professional reference, directly to the university if that's what they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not even been out of education for a year yet... However I have just contacted one of my old teachers who has said he can do a collaboration reference with someone from my work, so I'll be looking into trying to do this with a work colleuge tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest