The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University, Leicester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexp98
Awesome, same halls as me :smile: Which quality of room is she thinking of getting? I'm stuck between the classic En-suite (Which is what they all are) and the next step up which is the premium En-Suite. I'm told only difference is the latter has a double bed and slightly more space. However prices differences are pretty significant and my sis said most people actually go for single :/

She's staying at the classic en-suite... her room is a nice size. Single bed with quite a big desk and she has a nice sized en-suite!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by ravioliyears
She's staying at the classic en-suite... her room is a nice size. Single bed with quite a big desk and she has a nice sized en-suite!

Ahh ok, nice! She going this January then?
Original post by alexp98
Ahh ok, nice! She going this January then?

No, she started her course in September.
No, she started her course in September.

Oh right, I'm starting next september
Original post by alexp98
Oh right, I'm starting next september

Nice, what are you going to study?
Nice, what are you going to study?

Accounting and Finance
Original post by hannah1226
I applied for Dmu leicester Birmingham and sheffield. How about you?

University of Birmingham? Or Birmingham city? Yeah I applied to university of Birmingham, Coventry, Staffordshire and oxford brookes. What made you pick DMU then?
Original post by Vanessaxx98
University of Birmingham? Or Birmingham city? Yeah I applied to university of Birmingham, Coventry, Staffordshire and oxford brookes. What made you pick DMU then?

Uni of Birmingham. And i loved the feel of dmu and the facilities look great. How about you?
Reply 28
I am! I'm doing law, how about you?

Same haha i wanted to apply for dmu but im apprehensive
Original post by girl_
Same haha i wanted to apply for dmu but im apprehensive

Why's that?
Reply 30
Original post by Samuel069
Why's that?

My opinions about it are mixed if I'm honest. Some people say its good, others make out that it is a 'motive' university. It has a bad rep, of being a like Coventry.
Original post by girl_
My opinions about it are mixed if I'm honest. Some people say its good, others make out that it is a 'motive' university. It has a bad rep, of being a like Coventry.

Yeah I thought that as well but there improving as a university, atm there uk's most improved university so it's a decent university I guess
Reply 32
Original post by Samuel069
Yeah I thought that as well but there improving as a university, atm there uk's most improved university so it's a decent university I guess

Oh, see, I didn't even know that.. Hmm thanks :smile:
What course do you intend on studying?
Original post by girl_
Oh, see, I didn't even know that.. Hmm thanks :smile:
What course do you intend on studying?

Well I'm currently deciding whether to study either business law or just law
Reply 34
Who is applied for social work and had an interview today? 😊
Got an offer for Law with criminal Justice there:biggrin: how did your interview go^
Similar reason really. I like the fact that you could have a guaranteed place onto the LPC. What a levels do you do if you dont mind me asking?
Uni of Birmingham. And i loved the feel of dmu and the facilities look great. How about you?
Original post by Vanessaxx98
Similar reason really. I like the fact that you could have a guaranteed place onto the LPC. What a levels do you do if you dont mind me asking?

My offer got changed to unconditional so im on a gap year this year, but i studied, sociology, english literature, geography and psychology. How about you?
My offer got changed to unconditional so im on a gap year this year, but i studied, sociology, english literature, geography and psychology. How about you?

What were your grades and course you are studying? I got an unconditional too for accounting and finance :smile: How is your gap year going too? The unconditional just takes so much stress away now as we know we're in whatever happens
Original post by alexp98
What were your grades and course you are studying? I got an unconditional too for accounting and finance :smile: How is your gap year going too? The unconditional just takes so much stress away now as we know we're in whatever happens

I got BBC with my a levels and im going to be studying law. And congratulations! Yes it does take a lot of the worry away from results day! My gap year was a great decision, im loving it, but looking forward to university. Are you staying in halls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending