The Student Room Group

I'm at a slight dilemma

For my A levels I took Maths, Further maths, and computing. I'm coping really well in maths & further maths, but I have concerns about the computing course. I want to study computer science at university, and I noticed most universities don't require a computing A level, as long as it's substituted for something like physics.

Anyway, I feel like the computing course (AS level) isn't being taught properly (the teacher seems to spend a lot of time off, and even when he's in he gets distracted and rarely teaches us new things.) I've also checked and there aren't any textbooks for computing tailored to my exam board. I have a deep interest in physics, and I did well in my physics GCSE (got an A), but I feel it's probably too late to switch courses.

Should I continue with the computing A level, and try and find as many resources as I can (even if they're not relevant to my exam board), or should I ask to switch courses to physics?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
You could always ask. Also see if your school offers it at AS/A2 or just a full A level. As if they say no, you can argue that it's an A level (if it is) and so it wouldn't be a problem catching up. If they say no to that then you can consider doing the exam as a private candidate.
Reply 2
Thanks. Anyone with any other suggestions?
Reply 3
bump =/
Reply 4
anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest