The Student Room Group

French

Hi everyone i have been trying to remember my french (for a speaking exam) for about 3 weeks and i can only remember the 1st paragraoh has anyone got any tips as i only have 2 week left 😭
Original post by jwelton99
Hi everyone i have been trying to remember my french (for a speaking exam) for about 3 weeks and i can only remember the 1st paragraoh has anyone got any tips as i only have 2 week left 😭

I'm just moving this to the foreign languages section for you! :h: however, I'd advise writing the sentences out repeatedly until you can remember them and say them aloud. It is a bit time consuming sometimes but it really makes it stick! Alternatively, read a few sentences aloud at a time and say them over and over. I have little experience with languages but this has always helped me memorise things! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
I'm just moving this to the foreign languages section for you! :h: however, I'd advise writing the sentences out repeatedly until you can remember them and say them aloud. It is a bit time consuming sometimes but it really makes it stick! Alternatively, read a few sentences aloud at a time and say them over and over. I have little experience with languages but this has always helped me memorise things! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks ill try it thursday.
Reply 3
Quizlet can be really great for exactly this, it's going to be time consuming either way - might as well learn it word perfect.
Original post by jwelton99

Hi I've had to memorize 430 words for my french exam within 24 hours so i would recommend this method which worked for me :

1.break the text down into digestible chunks by marking it out with a pen(sizes of texts that you can memorize at once)

2.say the chunks over and over again until you can say it without referring back to the text.

3.say the speech from the beginning adding on the extra bit that you have just learnt , repeat this until you have worked through the entire text

4.finally write out the whole thing on a separate sheet of paper and when you're finished mark it for accuracy

TIP : if you're having trouble remembering where accents go say those words with an accent or funny voice or with emphasis so you remember .
Hope it helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending