The Student Room Group

ChildLine volunteer

aa
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GujiGal
Hey guys,

I am in desperate need of help, I have a ChildLine interview tomorrow for a volunteer telephone counsellor position - I have tried to do some research on the interview just to find out types of questions I will be asked etc and find some tips... All I have found out from people who were accepted was that the interview was long and quite difficult so I'm nervous as I don't know what to expect!

I was wondering has anyone had an interview with NSPCC for this or a similar role, if they could share their experiences so I know what to expect! I think the interview is on a one-to-one basis but I am not entirely sure!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

I recently had an interview for the NSPCC as a childline email volunteer counsellor.
Are you having a group interview?

Only one other turned up to mine. If it was more than that then i would have found that challenging, but if you're confident in groups then that's very handy.

They asked us to discuss certain topics. They gave us scenarios and asked us to rank them in terms of riskiness. Pros and cons about their confidentiality policy. Showed us some powerpoint slides.

Do you know what? A lot of it is about how you present yourself. Really show that you're interested. I did background reading and made sure to ask questions at the end. I had to fake confidence and come across in a way that doesn't reflect my worthless personality, but you gotta do what ya gotta do.
Original post by GujiGal
Hey Emily!

Thank you for your reply - no mine is an individual one so I am happy about that as I am not great at group interviews! How long was your interview? And what sort of questions did you ask?

Im so excited/nervous :colondollar:

It was around an hour and a half.
I asked about how they would define emotional neglect, and i asked why they think neglect receives little media attention, despite being the most common form of abuse in the UK. So i was demonstrating enthusiasm and evidence of doing background research.
Original post by GujiGal
Yeah, definitely very interesting questions.. Thanks for your help Emily - I hope you get the position you are after :h:

It's okay

I did get it :P
Original post by Emily.97

I did get it :P

Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending