The Student Room Group

Dropdown menu problem

Please help me with this problem....
I have designed a dropdown list menu using Html and CSS but i'm having a problem that whenever i hover the mouse pointer on it,it appears the way i want it to but it pushes other content down leaving the sapce..i want some help on how can i design it so that it does'nt push the other content downward?
I want to design it so that whenever i place my mouse pointer on it,it would appear but the other contents remain at thier initial position...
Any help would greatly be appreciated...
Thanks!
Reply 1
Hmmm, a bit difficult without seeing your code. From your description, I would hedge my bets on it being a potential CSS problem. Check out your browser's developer tools and see how your CSS changes when your menu pops down. You should be able to edit the CSS on the fly in any modern browser to see if that fixes you up. I'm not a CSS whizz (only been using it at work for 6 months or so), but my first Google search would be for Z-Index.

Are you using some sort of JavaScript to power things behind the scenes. Maybe with some sort of framework like AngularJS?

Also, just another tip, stack overflow is an excellent resource. Though the users will easily spot someone trying to get them to do their homework for them (and I really am not suggesting that's your intention here at all) and some users can sometimes be a little abrasive, their knowledge is definitely sound and there's plenty of help to be had. I really hope I haven't put you off ha ha. But I would try posting your question there with some code snippets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending