The Student Room Group

Artificial birth: Is it wrong?

During IVF treatment, the egg and the sperm is usually of the biological parents. I was doing my homework on Surrogacy and came across this website, that said the donors could be either family members or friends. What if the father's sperm was to fertilise his daughter's egg? ( sort of struck me hard when I read the family part) Is that morally wrong? Also, do you agree on Surrogacy or no? If we somehow found a way to have children through a Surrogate, like a computer/ robot/ other intelligence device- and manufactured them, would you agree with it? If so why not?
Reply 1
Original post by Ilovelovelegends
During IVF treatment, the egg and the sperm is usually of the biological parents. I was doing my homework on Surrogacy and came across this website, that said the donors could be either family members or friends. What if the father's sperm was to fertilise his daughter's egg? ( sort of struck me hard when I read the family part) Is that morally wrong? Also, do you agree on Surrogacy or no? If we somehow found a way to have children through a Surrogate, like a computer/ robot/ other intelligence device- and manufactured them, would you agree with it? If so why not?

I think having a father fertilise his daughter's egg could be seen to be morally wrong by some people, but it depends on the circumstances. If the daughter couldn't have her own children, but still wanted to share some of her DNA with the child, it may be more acceptable.

I agree with surrogacy because people that can't have children of their own for some reason should be given the same opportunity as people who can have children.

I don't agree with having a robot surrogate because having a baby is a natural process and I don't think the child would get the same care they needed if they weren't inside a real womb.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending