The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by feracero
Hey guys does any of you happen to know where can I find TSA Cambridge past papers? I have only found one in the admissions testing service and after googling past papers I couldn't find any more than these paper. Thanks

The Other Place have papers that are identical in style and you get a score conversion key too

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/thinking-skills-assessment/tsa-oxford/preparing-for-tsa-oxford/

Just ignore Section 2
Original post by It'sAllRelative
Sorry for answering so late, I just sent off the completed form 😆 Hmmm I'm applying to the course for the Physics, and I chose topics mainly related to the curriculum I'm covering in Advanced/Higher level (Scottish qualifications... I'm mexican btw 🙃).

So for the first topic I put astrophysics: star formation, black holes, dark energy, methods of detection of exoplanets, etc. For the second I just wrote "the general contradiction that results when comparing classical physics and quantum theory". And for the third, I just wrote basic chemistry principles and that I would also be comfortable talking about biological topics like evolution, genetics and general cell biology. Idk whether my choices are too broad or too specific but that's what came into my mind xD

It's alright, I decided in the end :biggrin: I put organic synthesis (the production of azo dyes specifically), my EPQ on forensic chemistry and using calculus to find the rate constant. Hopefully they're not to broad :smile:
Hey guys does anyone know where to find any more Cambridge law test questions. I can find one of each type on the Cambridge website but don't know how else to practice
Original post by Jordan\
If I fly to Cambridge and get the letter myself can I have it on the 11th?

Spoiler

Original post by jneill

Spoiler

Spoiler

how does the interview process work at Pembroke
chemical engineering
Is there someone that can help me to know what i need to prepare/know for engineering interview and test
i've applied at Caius college and my interview is the 7th btw
Original post by jacoita
Is there someone that can help me to know what i need to prepare/know for engineering interview and test
i've applied at Caius college and my interview is the 7th btw

Stop askin what to do (jk) and start tsckling isaacphysics, iwste, graph sketching
Tackle some circuit problems.
Then be thorough in you as physics portion. Thats it. U betta hurtty up m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\
How is Camb going? :smile:

Good good, lectures end on Wednesday, but I'm staying here for a couple more weeks to help out with interviews at Caius :tongue:
Original post by Kamara7
It's alright, I decided in the end :biggrin: I put organic synthesis (the production of azo dyes specifically), my EPQ on forensic chemistry and using calculus to find the rate constant. Hopefully they're not to broad :smile:

Where are the 3 discussion topics from ?
Original post by Jordan\
14th :tongue:

See the weirdest thing is that on their website they say interviews start on the 7th...
In an argument with my friend atm

What's the answer to: 48/24*(9+3)?
Original post by krishanj
See the weirdest thing is that on their website they say interviews start on the 7th...

Yeah that's wha tI was thinking when I read your post!
Original post by Zer0.

4824(9+3) \frac{48}{24 * (9+3)} or 4824(9+3) \frac{48}{24}* (9+3) ?
I'm so stressed 😣😣😣😣😣😣😣😣
Original post by Zer0.

2/1*12. From here it's easy :wink:
Original post by Zer0.

I don't think there is a *right* answer.
The order of operations is a convention we use and either way is acceptable because that question is ambiguous.

I remember watching a video on a similar topic, I'll post it if I remember where

If you use PEDMAS/BODMAS then you get 24 if that's what you were arguing about

edit: just realised some people were taught that's it's PEMDAS which just illustrates my point...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2977
Original post by Messier31
I don't think there is a *right* answer.
The order of operations is a convention we use and either way is acceptable because that question is ambiguous.

I remember watching a video on a similar topic, I'll post it if I remember where

If you use PEDMAS/BODMAS then you get 24 if that's what you were arguing about

edit: just realised some people were taught that's it's PEMDAS which just illustrates my point...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I support the BODMAS party :smile:
Original post by C0balt
I support the BODMAS party :smile:

Same lol

BIDMAS is also acceptable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2979
Original post by Messier31
Same lol

BIDMAS is also acceptable

Posted from TSR Mobile