The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU applicants 2016 ;)

Scroll to see replies

Hello!

I'm heading to MMU in September to start the PGCE Secondary English course, I've registered for halls, I could just do with any advice anybody may have? Ideally I want to get a room at the Birley Halls as that's where I'm based but, if anyone else has any other options it'd be great to know!

Cheers! Luke. X
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Jessnewsway
Awesome hopefully see you there!!😊 im going to the applicant day tomorrow

aw yeah definitely! hope you had a good time :smile:
Original post by genvanveen
I firmed mine already for combined honours :smile: from what I've heard, the campus was really nice

Firmed! The campus and everything was really nice, looking forward to in now😊
Original post by surayah
aw yeah definitely! hope you had a good time :smile:

It was good, firmed just need to apply to accommodation now 😊
if i apply for mmu through extras am i likely to gin ? confused
Made MMU as my firm and staying in Cambridge halls
?any suggestions/advice on which halls are considered 'good' at MMU¿
Briarfields is the way to go, I'm a current MMU student and would recommend Briarfields for 2016/17 as its getting fully done up and is probably the best value for money
Original post by Wheezy
Briarfields is the way to go, I'm a current MMU student and would recommend Briarfields for 2016/17 as its getting fully done up and is probably the best value for money

what are the other halls like?
Original post by procrastinator4
what are the other halls like?

Birley townhouses are decent but quite expensive and loud (living with 12 people), more of a party house if that's what you're looking for. Birley cluster flats are very overpriced. Victoria is known for being quiet and kinda insociable. Cambridge is known as the grottiest/dirties flat, very loud all the time, best to avoid, so that would be a last resort. Oxford court is similar to Victoria, but more expensive. Briarfields is the most popular halls for 2016/17 as its getting done up, close to Birley and All Saints, and good value (with your own toilet etc). Any others?
Original post by Wheezy
Birley townhouses are decent but quite expensive and loud (living with 12 people), more of a party house if that's what you're looking for. Birley cluster flats are very overpriced. Victoria is known for being quiet and kinda insociable. Cambridge is known as the grottiest/dirties flat, very loud all the time, best to avoid, so that would be a last resort. Oxford court is similar to Victoria, but more expensive. Briarfields is the most popular halls for 2016/17 as its getting done up, close to Birley and All Saints, and good value (with your own toilet etc). Any others?

See, I lived in the cluster flats last year and thought they were well worth the money :tongue: I'm moving back into them from September and still think they're worth the £142 a week purely for how much better (at present) they are than our other accomodation :redface:
Reply 111
Thanks for the insight! although i havent heard much for needham court, cavendish place (the partner accomodation) or new medlock house?
Anyone stayed at Cambridge and has opinion?
anyone applied for Birley halls? anyone know how you find flatmates and others?:smile: like facebook groups ect?
Got a place doing Marketing, probably going to pick Cambridge halls, not sure however.... :s
Found this thread so so late :/
I firmed my conditional offer for Marketing and Public Relations about a month ago now and I was thinking about Daisy Bank accomodation :smile:
aa aah found this too late just cause I applied too l8 my self but am looking for people starting in September this year and would like to find a house together... male females gays or lesbians anyone welcome just Holla at me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending