Graphic Design UCAS Application 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Falmouth
NTU
NUA
Northumbria
Brighton

I've got interviews for all expect Brighton and NTU.
I need to send an online portfolio for NTU and haven't yet heard back from Brighton.
is there anyone applying to CSM know whether the deadline for portfolio is 29th Jan or 30th Jan? 12noon or 12am?
It's maybe 11:99 pm on 29th Jan (UK GMT). I think that it depends on country, which time is written on Pebblepad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HI is it necessary to do foundation year before applying to do a course like this? Would anyone recommend doing one? Thanks
Anyone have any advice for Graphic Design interviews at Loughborough and Falmouth? I've got them coming up next week as well as Winchester!

My choices are:
Falmouth
AUB
Loughborough
Winchester
UAL Chelsea (and I was adamant I didn't wan't to go to UAL but Chelsea won me over!)

I'm still waiting to hear from Chelsea and AUB, they wanted online portfolios first. I keep checking my emails pretty much hourly as it's been over a week since I sent both of them off!

..but yeah any advice is much appreciated!! :smile:
I'm wondering the same I have my interview at Loughborough for graphics on 19th
Original post by Marcusattwoodd
I'm wondering the same I have my interview at Loughborough for graphics on 19th

ah mine's on the 16th... I'll tell you how it goes>.<
Original post by artysmartyc
Hey, I don't know if there is already a thread about this but just wanted to see if anyone else was applying for Graphic Design starting in 2016.

I'm currently doing a foundation course and I have four choices so far:
UWE
Nottingham Trent
Loughborough
Bath Spa

Any recommendations for a fifth choice?
Thank you 😀

I'd recommend the University of Chester. It's a pretty challenging course, loads of coursework, and they do a placement year (I believe in year two), and good links with industry. When I attended Chester in 2011 they had like a 60 odd percent rate in employability post-graduation. So good links with industry and very good at providing material to build a portfolio. Great contacts, so you could probably find some voluntary work. You won't be disappointed.

The University of Chester has a separate campus called the 'Kingsway Buildings' which is a few miles outside of the City of Chester and in a fairly nice area.

The actual city centre itself is Roman and a bit like a maze. They have like Victorian style buildings and balconies with shops. There is a clock tower and the old Roman City Wall that surrounds the city. Its really just a massive fortress! If your familiar with the City of York (up North!) then you can relate to what I'm saying. Chester is actually very small for a city, so not very comparable to the likes of Leeds, or even Nottingham-- it is very small and by default only a city due to the Cathedral. In short, its a Cathedral City.

I speak from personal experience when I suggest this, as I attended the University of Chester Graphic Design course (Single hons) for just under a year and left due to personal circumstances (something which I now regret), although I later completed my degree elsewhere. If your ready for a challenge I'd apply for Chester!

All the best :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Can anyone help me compare Lancaster Uni (Design) and University of Kent (Digital Arts) in terms of course quality but also the city life etc? I just got both offers and I'm completely clueless as to which one to consider as my first choice. I have been to Canterbury and liked the city a lot actually. I have also heard that Lancaster isn't as much of a lively place, but it does a bit better in rankings..
I already have an offer from Kingston university for graphic design. Still waiting to hear from my firm, though (which is communication design at GSA).
Original post by annafdelia

got mine on the 16th as well
Had my interview at Falmouth on the 23rd Jan but still haven't heard back. Got my Loughborough interview on the 16th but i'm also applying for the foundation there as well. Then I'm just waiting to hear back from Brighton, Edinburgh and Coventry.
Original post by AndyGrech
Had my interview at Falmouth on the 23rd Jan but still haven't heard back. Got my Loughborough interview on the 16th but i'm also applying for the foundation there as well. Then I'm just waiting to hear back from Brighton, Edinburgh and Coventry.

Ah sweet maybe seen you there then! How was Falmouth?! Mine's on the 18th for there - anything I should know?
Ah sweet maybe seen you there then! How was Falmouth?! Mine's on the 18th for there - anything I should know?

it's a really chilled interview, they take you around the studios give you a quick presentation then it is more a 20 minute chat about what you want to do in the future and how you want to use the course rather than why Falmouth or Graphic Design. They also focus on how you work so putting development pieces like sketchbooks in your portfolio really interested them.
it's a really chilled interview, they take you around the studios give you a quick presentation then it is more a 20 minute chat about what you want to do in the future and how you want to use the course rather than why Falmouth or Graphic Design. They also focus on how you work so putting development pieces like sketchbooks in your portfolio really interested them.

ah thank you so much it's so great to get some insight :smile: im putting 2 sketchbooks in (maybe 3 for Falmouth then) did they look at/ask for the essay they mention on the site?
ah thank you so much it's so great to get some insight :smile: im putting 2 sketchbooks in (maybe 3 for Falmouth then) did they look at/ask for the essay they mention on the site?

yeah i took the personal study I did for Fine Art which around 3000 words, they didn't seem to look at it or they just didn't ask me about it.
yeah i took the personal study I did for Fine Art which around 3000 words, they didn't seem to look at it or they just didn't ask me about it.

Blimey I was only planning on doing a page and a bit ahah, thanks for the info though! Good luck! :smile:
Blimey I was only planning on doing a page and a bit ahah, thanks for the info though! Good luck! :smile:

good luck to you too :smile:

Cool yes! Hope to see you in September! If I get in meself hahaha
Hey i see a lot of you have applied to NTU for graphics, I'm in my first year there now and i would deffo recommend, any questions about the course/uni/anything, dont hesitate to ask!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest