The Student Room Group

Graphic Design UCAS Application 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
thinking about presenting my portfolio from my laptop for my interview tomorrow..

not sure wether a physical or digital portfolio would be more preferable.

This is what the university says,

"A portfolio carry case that is easy to open and to leaf through is an ideal presentation style for your portfolio and be prepared to talk about the research you undertook, your creative thought process and what inspires you.

If you are showing work using your laptop, make sure the projects have been started up and are already open. There may not be any WiFi access so have an offline version of anything you would ideally show online."
Hey i see a lot of you have applied to NTU for graphics, I'm in my first year there now and i would deffo recommend, any questions about the course/uni/anything, dont hesitate to ask!
Reply 42
Hey! I got offers from UCLan and Salford so far for Graphic Design. I am waiting for two more universities to give me offers (hopefully). I will update you with my final choice :biggrin:
Original post by Shroom
Hey! I got offers from UCLan and Salford so far for Graphic Design. I am waiting for two more universities to give me offers (hopefully). I will update you with my final choice :biggrin:

Who else have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Justmoll28
Hey i see a lot of you have applied to NTU for graphics, I'm in my first year there now and i would deffo recommend, any questions about the course/uni/anything, dont hesitate to ask!

Can i see some of your work? :smile:
Most graphic design courses I've seen are very traditional and basic which i don't like. What is NTU like?

Also, i sent my online portfolio to NTU around 10 days ago and still haven't got a reply :s-smilie:
Thinking to call them up on Monday
Reply 45
Original post by Roving Fish
Who else have you applied to? :smile:

Loughborough and Surrey :biggrin: Funny bio, btw (orientation, good design joke) I peeked at it in search for your university. How is Worcester's course?
Original post by Shroom
Loughborough and Surrey :biggrin: Funny bio, btw (orientation, good design joke) I peeked at it in search for your university. How is Worcester's course?

Amazing! Really low class numbers which means you get more 1-to-1 time with tutors and just a better atmosphere. I know that people who go to Brighton get frustrated with the class sizes. My course also prepares you for the real world. The course leader is amazing and is very receptive to feedback. The course is getting new facilities in the near future (it's in the works atm) too!
Original post by p.m
Can i see some of your work? :smile:
Most graphic design courses I've seen are very traditional and basic which i don't like. What is NTU like?

Also, i sent my online portfolio to NTU around 10 days ago and still haven't got a reply :s-smilie:
Thinking to call them up on Monday

Basic in what sense? Do you want to be doing wanky art for the sake of it? :smile:
@p.m

Hi there, did you mean to delete your post? :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by Roving Fish
@p.m

Hi there, did you mean to delete your post? :smile:

yeah, i thought i was replying to Justmoll28's post since they where the person i was asking the question to.
Have everyone received all their offers/rejections? Anyone firmed yet? :biggrin:
Where y'all decided to go?
I didn't get into any of my choices
Loughborough
Brighton
Edinburgh
Falmouth
Coventry
But Loughborough did offer me a Foundation place with a guarantee onto the degree course as long as I pass. which is great I guess because it is my first choice. I also know I applied to really competitive courses so I'm happy with the way it turned out.
Original post by AndyGrech
I didn't get into any of my choices
Loughborough
Brighton
Edinburgh
Falmouth
Coventry
But Loughborough did offer me a Foundation place with a guarantee onto the degree course as long as I pass. which is great I guess because it is my first choice. I also know I applied to really competitive courses so I'm happy with the way it turned out.

You'll be glad to not have gotten into Coventry. My friend is a 2nd year and they're having a bit of a teaching staff crisis there.
Original post by vonbroten
Have everyone received all their offers/rejections? Anyone firmed yet? :biggrin:
Where y'all decided to go?

Firm: Design @ Goldsmiths UoL
Insurance: Graphic Design @ Camberwell College of Art, UAL

What about you?
Rejected by Goldsmiths, UAL, Edinburgh & Leeds

Firmed Loughborough (conditional offer), but may go to Emily Carr, Vancouver or NSCAD, Halifax

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cond offer from Kingston university.
Rejected by the GSA Communication design.
Any successful applicants? Where are you off to? Any portfolio examples?
thank you!! :smile:
Reply 57
Hi there!

I managed to get in to Falmouth University for Graphic Design which I think is quite cool considering I only have an online portfolio and never took graphics or any art/design subject at GCSEs or A levels! I don't have the link to my portfolio right now but if you'd like it let me know :smile:
Hi thanks so much! that'd be brilliant to see as I am in a similar situation
Reply 59
Original post by luvlieliza
Hi thanks so much! that'd be brilliant to see as I am in a similar situation

No worries! Here it is - http://mateybobproductions.wixsite.com/design

I'd recommend viewing it on a laptop/pc as the spacing messes up on the mobile website. Good luck with your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest