The Student Room Group

Graphic Design UCAS Application 2016

Hey, I don't know if there is already a thread about this but just wanted to see if anyone else was applying for Graphic Design starting in 2016.

I'm currently doing a foundation course and I have four choices so far:
UWE
Nottingham Trent
Loughborough
Bath Spa

Any recommendations for a fifth choice?
Thank you 😀

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hear good things about Falmouth. Maybe have a look at their course?
Reply 2
Original post by J Rumble
I hear good things about Falmouth. Maybe have a look at their course?

Thank you, I will look into that now ☺️
Original post by artysmartyc
Hey, I don't know if there is already a thread about this but just wanted to see if anyone else was applying for Graphic Design starting in 2016.

I'm currently doing a foundation course and I have four choices so far:
UWE
Nottingham Trent
Loughborough
Bath Spa

Any recommendations for a fifth choice?
Thank you 😀

Hi,

Have you thought about applying to the University of Hertfordshire?

Our Graphic Design and Illustration courses have won over 80 major awards in recent years and we have a very forward-thinking, industry focussed course.

We're just north of London and our industry links are second to none. We also offer students the option of taking a sandwich year, so they can supplement their studies with a year of valuable, real world experience in the industry they want to go into.

For more information, take a look at our website: http://www.herts.ac.uk/search?query=%20illustration&collection=herts-meta&f.Section%7CQ=Courses

Good luck!

Rhianna
University of Hertfordshire
Where is everyone thinking of applying??
University Of Manchester, Staffordshire etc
Is Manchester good? I haven't been able to go and look
do you mean man met?

I've applied to Camberwell and Goldsmiths.

Will probably end up doing a foundation year though
Original post by contradicta
do you mean man met?

I've applied to Camberwell and Goldsmiths.

Will probably end up doing a foundation year though

Yeah manchester met
Reply 9
falmouth
NTU
Norwich
Brighton
Loughborough
Lancaster
Lincoln
Cardiff met
Bournemouth
😏
Edinburgh, CSM, Leeds, Loughborough & Goldsmiths
Original post by huiyihang97
Edinburgh, CSM, Leeds, Loughborough & Goldsmiths

Hey, have you been to an interview at Goldsmiths yet?
Hey, have you been to an interview at Goldsmiths yet?

Hey, yes on 24th February but rescheduled to 23th March and you ?
Hey, yes on 24th February but rescheduled to 23th March and you ?

Yes, mine was on the 12th Jan, I got an offer! I'm trying to meet prospective course mates.

Let me know if you have any questions about the interview
Yes, mine was on the 12th Jan, I got an offer! I'm trying to meet prospective course mates.

Let me know if you have any questions about the interview

Congrats!:smile:

I have an interview via Skype and did you receive more information before the actual date and how many images did you upload for your online portfolio?
Congrats!:smile:

I have an interview via Skype and did you receive more information before the actual date and how many images did you upload for your online portfolio?

I went for my interview in person despite being an overseas student as I live close to the UK. It was a group interview so I'm guessing it will be different via skype. I didn't receive any further information after the initial invite.

They asked us to explain 2 of our pieces to them and I think most people had 10-12 things in there portfolio, but they only ask you in detail about a few.

Where are you from?
Thanks. I'm from Luxembourg and I wouldn't be able to go to London. Did they immediately tell you that you received the offer?
I've applied for De Montfort (Leicester), Coventry, Northumbria, Nottingham Trent and Manchester Met for graphic design degree. I then also applied for art and design foundation at De Montfort, Manchester Met and Leeds College of art (I had also applied to York college but withdrew that). So far I've been rejected by Manchester Met and Nottingham Trent - not fussed about NTU but pretty gutted for Manchester although tbh didn't expect an offer as its tough! Offers from De Montfort and Northumbria with interview at Coventry to do. Then for foundation had an unconditional offer from De Montfort (!!!!!) interview at leeds and waiting to hear from manchester! Absolutely in love with De Montfort especially as they're building a new £36 million building for art and design which looks amazing! I know for sure I want to go to De Montfort or Manchester so will probably withdraw my Leeds foundation Application. My big question at the minute is foundation or not? Kinda love the idea kinda don't! But so excited to start doing something where i can just focus on creativity! :bhangra:
Thanks. I'm from Luxembourg and I wouldn't be able to go to London. Did they immediately tell you that you received the offer?

Hi, sorry I didnt see this before, I heard back after 2 days though it usually takes longer.

Original post by Hannah_lucy
I've applied for De Montfort (Leicester), Coventry, Northumbria, Nottingham Trent and Manchester Met for graphic design degree. I then also applied for art and design foundation at De Montfort, Manchester Met and Leeds College of art (I had also applied to York college but withdrew that). So far I've been rejected by Manchester Met and Nottingham Trent - not fussed about NTU but pretty gutted for Manchester although tbh didn't expect an offer as its tough! Offers from De Montfort and Northumbria with interview at Coventry to do. Then for foundation had an unconditional offer from De Montfort (!!!!!) interview at leeds and waiting to hear from manchester! Absolutely in love with De Montfort especially as they're building a new £36 million building for art and design which looks amazing! I know for sure I want to go to De Montfort or Manchester so will probably withdraw my Leeds foundation Application. My big question at the minute is foundation or not? Kinda love the idea kinda don't! But so excited to start doing something where i can just focus on creativity! :bhangra:

Hi, I applied to Leeds College of Art too for foundation, I sent it of way before xmas but I havn't heard anything back which is weird as I've heard back from everywhere else. It doesn't really matter as Ive got an offer for a BA so I think I will skip doing a foundation year, a save my parents some money!

I've got an interview at AUB for foundation tomorrow, so waiting to see how that goes.

Quick Reply