The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Student life

I just got my accaeptance letter to UEA. I really like the uni but since I am an international student I can't really visit the campus. I wanted to know what you guys think about UEA. How is the nightlife there? Are there many things I could do? Are the students friendly and outgoing? Also, how is their psychology program? Is it too rigourous (I am a full IB student)? Thank you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello Habibadiab!

There are a lot of resources I could give you to show what it's like to study at UEA but I thought an excellent place to look for an international students is on the pages of our student bloggers writing about their experiences of studying here. Some of them are international students - Anne-Sophie is from France, Georgia from Bulgaria. Take a look at how well they've settled in, and feel free to ask them questions!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of East Anglia
Hello Habibadiab!

There are a lot of resources I could give you to show what it's like to study at UEA but I thought an excellent place to look for an international students is on the pages of our student bloggers writing about their experiences of studying here. Some of them are international students - Anne-Sophie is from France, Georgia from Bulgaria. Take a look at how well they've settled in, and feel free to ask them questions!

I will be sure to check it out, thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by habibadiab
I just got my accaeptance letter to UEA. I really like the uni but since I am an international student I can't really visit the campus. I wanted to know what you guys think about UEA. How is the nightlife there? Are there many things I could do? Are the students friendly and outgoing? Also, how is their psychology program? Is it too rigourous (I am a full IB student)? Thank you :smile:

Im an IB student too and im applying to UEA next week hopefully after my projecteds come out! What have you applied for?
Reply 4
Original post by u97
Im an IB student too and im applying to UEA next week hopefully after my projecteds come out! What have you applied for?

Psychology what about you? Hopefully :smile: tell me more about the uni pleasee
Reply 5
Psychology what about you? Hopefully :smile: tell me more about the uni pleasee

IR - ish courses. Never been to EA, im from manchester so EA would be very very different for me haha. I know its a good uni cause it ranks high in the UK, however does look a bit isolated to me. Compared to mcr at least. I might reconsider my options because it would be hectic to travel so far to get to london and manchester, where i'll be spending most my days off. But i've been told its amazing and has high student satisfaction. Also they require a 32 which is low for such a great uni so thats brilliant! Don't know too much sorry
Reply 6
Original post by u97
IR - ish courses. Never been to EA, im from manchester so EA would be very very different for me haha. I know its a good uni cause it ranks high in the UK, however does look a bit isolated to me. Compared to mcr at least. I might reconsider my options because it would be hectic to travel so far to get to london and manchester, where i'll be spending most my days off. But i've been told its amazing and has high student satisfaction. Also they require a 32 which is low for such a great uni so thats brilliant! Don't know too much sorry

Hahaha yeah its okay, i hope you get accepted soon and maybe if we both end up at uea we could get to know each other more. Good luck with your application process.
Reply 7
Hahaha yeah its okay, i hope you get accepted soon and maybe if we both end up at uea we could get to know each other more. Good luck with your application process.

Thanks! You too :smile:
Original post by u97

Why would you spend most of your days off in London/Manchester? Whilst Norwich isn't as big a city it still offers plenty to do, especially when you have lots of other students around you. This is coming from a Londoner who went to UEA for 4 years btw.
Reply 9
Original post by jelly1000
Why would you spend most of your days off in London/Manchester? Whilst Norwich isn't as big a city it still offers plenty to do, especially when you have lots of other students around you. This is coming from a Londoner who went to UEA for 4 years btw.

Well because my love to keep in touch with my family a lot and theyre all in either mcr or london so I'd have to regularly visit them. But its great to hear that Norwichs got plent to offer cause google told me otherwise lol.
Original post by u97
Well because my love to keep in touch with my family a lot and theyre all in either mcr or london so I'd have to regularly visit them. But its great to hear that Norwichs got plent to offer cause google told me otherwise lol.

Ah fair enough, although do remember you have 1 month of christmas, 3 weeks of easter and around 4 months of summer, so you'll have plenty of time in the holidays to go and visit your relatives.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Does anyone know how many lectures a week you have when studying for the psychology undergraduate degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending