The Student Room Group

What are your current AS grades?

Hiya

I was wondering how well everyone is doing so far in the transition from GCSE to AS Level. How are you finding it and what grades have you all been given so far (not predicted grades, current grades)?

Mine are AAAB, with the B in the only subject we haven't handed work in for yet, so I'm unsure where my teacher got that from :s-smilie:
CCCC
Reply 2
AAAA

you all think I am a dick don't ya
AACU, chemistry will be the death of me
Original post by Dabo_26
AAAA

you all think I am a dick don't ya

No those are amazing grades! I would've got similar as well is I studied better:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TheHopefulMedic
No those are amazing grades! I would've got similar as well is I studied better

:smile:
The only one which I did an assessment in is Maths, which is a B (1 mark from A!!). The rest are just targets so don't really matter.
Aiming for AABB minimum
AAAA* :colondollar: well that's what i got in my Oct mocks, need to maintain them for the January mocks and yes ik we can't get A*s at AS but my art teacher wrote it on my tracker sheet :s-smilie:
Reply 8
ACD

This was a few years ago I got them and I've come back this year to start over yeye. I'm resitting the one I got a C in (Philos), carrying on the A (Sociology) to A2 and the D is in law which I'm just leaving as I have no interest in it anymore.
I achieved AAAA for AS in bio chem psych and geog. Just start revision early and do a lot of past papers and you'll be fine :smile:.
Original post by qwerty123A
I achieved AAAA for AS in bio chem psych and geog. Just start revision early and do a lot of past papers and you'll be fine :smile:.

well done on your amazing grades, how early would you recommend starting revision ?
AAAB, with the B in Biology :biggrin:
Original post by nihil_nimis
well done on your amazing grades, how early would you recommend starting revision ?

As early as you can tbh. If you havent already I would recommend starting now. The thing is you don have to do a lot, maybe read a topic or two each day and make notes. This will make exam period a lot less stressful as you wont have to cram everything in. Also, if you know what you're going to do in a future lesson, read up before hand as this makes the lessons more understandable. Best of luck!
Original post by celloel
Hiya

I was wondering how well everyone is doing so far in the transition from GCSE to AS Level. How are you finding it and what grades have you all been given so far (not predicted grades, current grades)?

Mine are AAAB, with the B in the only subject we haven't handed work in for yet, so I'm unsure where my teacher got that from :s-smilie:

AABB in Maths, History, Biology and Politics respectively.

Fingers crossed I can get Biology and Politics up to As - then I'll be over the moon.
Reply 14
Ive haven't been given anything by teachers stating them, but i think around:

AAAB

Need to try maintain/keep improving the As and get that B up desperately:colondollar:
BBDD in History, Sociology, English Literature and Geography.
I did expect the Ds in all honesty, because my essays for English and Geography haven't gone that well.
I got BBBD, resat 1 got BBBB in the end and didn't do as well in A2 due to some circumstances. Put the effort it and you will get a lot out of it. If you go to a school without great teachers, then work 2x as hard to compensate.
Original post by qwerty123A
As early as you can tbh. If you havent already I would recommend starting now. The thing is you don have to do a lot, maybe read a topic or two each day and make notes. This will make exam period a lot less stressful as you wont have to cram everything in. Also, if you know what you're going to do in a future lesson, read up before hand as this makes the lessons more understandable. Best of luck!

Original post by nihil_nimis

Disagree with that.

You can't start really revising properly until you've covered all the stuff. Revising now won't do anything for the exams in 6 months time? People always say "start revising already" but that's probably bull tbh haha

Just keep on top of homework and class tests. Depending on how you like to revise you could maybe do some note summaries but I imagine you should be doing notes in lessons anyway.

Just structure your revision for later and make sure you understand everything as you go along, don't just memorise
Original post by RonnieRJ
Disagree with that.

You can't start really revising properly until you've covered all the stuff. Revising now won't do anything for the exams in 6 months time? People always say "start revising already" but that's probably bull tbh haha

Just keep on top of homework and class tests. Depending on how you like to revise you could maybe do some note summaries but I imagine you should be doing notes in lessons anyway.

Just structure your revision for later and make sure you understand everything as you go along, don't just memorise

I did it and it worked for me. But maybe I over-prepared, who knows? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest