The Student Room Group

New Guide to Posting - Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
Should be

How do users upload images, I have to use imgur etc. but this is far too much hassle at times.
Reply 61
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
How do users upload images, I have to use imgur etc. but this is far too much hassle at times.

Which version of the text editor are you using? There should be a button that looks like an image - on the new version it looks like this

Spoiler

There'll be an option to browse your files for one, or enter a link to an image from a URL.
Original post by Andy98
Which version of the text editor are you using? There should be a button that looks like an image - on the new version it looks like this

Spoiler

There'll be an option to browse your files for one, or enter a link to an image from a URL.

yes, thats what I mean.

What I don't get is why can't it be a drag and drop rather than me taking the picture uploading it to a website/hard drive and then attaching it?

Thanks though
Reply 63
yes, thats what I mean.

What I don't get is why can't it be a drag and drop rather than me taking the picture uploading it to a website/hard drive and then attaching it?

Thanks though

Oh, I thought you were asking if it was possible to make that feature :doh:
Original post by Andy98
Oh, I thought you were asking if it was possible to make that feature :doh:

I am I think?
Reply 65
I am I think?

Yeah, but in my first response of "Should be" I must have got muddled up by your response.

The proper answer is; yes, the feature can be created. In fact I think you can do it on Windows 10, as long as it's a valid filetype.
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, but in my first response of "Should be" I must have got muddled up by your response.

The proper answer is; yes, the feature can be created. In fact I think you can do it on Windows 10, as long as it's a valid filetype.

I'm going to try this because I need to do this for the STEP prep thread. I'm on Windows 10 and will switch back to the new editor. Will report back in about 5 minutes. I am not holding my breath though because I couldn't any type of image to insert with the new editor (one of the reasons I'm back to the old one!)
Reply 67
Original post by shamika
I'm going to try this because I need to do this for the STEP prep thread. I'm on Windows 10 and will switch back to the new editor. Will report back in about 5 minutes. I am not holding my breath though because I couldn't any type of image to insert with the new editor (one of the reasons I'm back to the old one!)

Did this work? If so you can with jpegs from online sources

EDIT: Yeah it worked
As he previously requested, I think DFranklin would appreciate it if this thread was restricted to the topic for which it was started.
Original post by Andy98

Did this work? If so you can with jpegs from online sources

EDIT: Yeah it worked

Annoyed because I can't get my picture to go into the STEP thread OP :frown:
Reply 70
Original post by shamika
Annoyed because I can't get my picture to go into the STEP thread OP :frown:

What filetype is it?
Original post by Andy98
What filetype is it?

.png
Reply 72
Original post by shamika
.png

Hmmm.... Let's see:

^ That's a PNG, so it's a supported filetype. Where are you trying to import it from?
Original post by Andy98
Hmmm.... Let's see:

^ That's a PNG, so it's a supported filetype. Where are you trying to import it from?

My computer. I wonder whether the file is dodgy? It opens fine on the computer though, it was a graph saved as a png from an graph plotting in Excel.
Reply 74
Original post by shamika
My computer. I wonder whether the file is dodgy? It opens fine on the computer though, it was a graph saved as a png from an graph plotting in Excel.

Ahhh ok, might be something to with it being an edit?
Reply 75
Guys, try and leave the image thing out of here, it's muddling up the discussion. :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by Zacken
Guys, try and leave the image thing out of here, it's muddling up the discussion. :smile:

Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Bringing this up again.
Okay well discussion about this seems to have died now, so I'm going to make the new guide! I'll probably finish it over the weekend. So if anyone else has any ideas, now's the time to say!!

Original post by SeanFM
It may be a good idea for She-Ra or anyone else to post exactly what she posted in the current posting guide. Even now, I find people PMing me for help.

I know this is months late, but it was actually me that requested that to be added haha.
Reply 79
What happened to DFranklin?

Quick Reply

Latest