The Student Room Group

Do you ever get told you look pale? Does it bother you?

I've had anxiety in the past not diagnosed but I used to get very anxious about being ill and fainting, I fainted a few times in the past for various reasons like period pain (had checks etc things were ok) and since fainting I was scared of it happening again. Although I've been fine over the last few years it can still sometimes crop up not again.. I can get anxious sometimes and can feel a little out of it/unwell. A few times though people have said 'are you ok you look really pale' and it makes me feel a lot more anxious. Last time it happened my friend said 'are you alright you look really poorly today' in a concerned way and again it made me feel 10x worse. I'm a pale person in general maybe when I'm anxious I go paler but I tell myself I'm fine to reduce the anxiety and then someone goes and says I look pale/unwell! Lol.
Well, I have never fainted, but people in the past have told me that I looked rather pale, on two separate occasions.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've had anxiety in the past not diagnosed but I used to get very anxious about being ill and fainting, I fainted a few times in the past for various reasons like period pain (had checks etc things were ok) and since fainting I was scared of it happening again. Although I've been fine over the last few years it can still sometimes crop up not again.. I can get anxious sometimes and can feel a little out of it/unwell. A few times though people have said 'are you ok you look really pale' and it makes me feel a lot more anxious. Last time it happened my friend said 'are you alright you look really poorly today' in a concerned way and again it made me feel 10x worse. I'm a pale person in general maybe when I'm anxious I go paler but I tell myself I'm fine to reduce the anxiety and then someone goes and says I look pale/unwell! Lol.

I get this all the time, people are always making comments about it.

I had to go hospital once because I messed up my leg and the nurses were proper panicking because I was so pale.

Was rather funny.

Are you a redhead? Redheads do tend to have paler skin in general.

Anxiety also makes your face look bloodless, other things can be a lack of exposure to sunlight or iron deficiency. Heavy periods will have possibly made you anaemic, so you might want to check that out. Some people are just pale naturally, there's nothing wrong with it, but do make sure you're not anaemic :3

I get this all the time! I'm a naturally extremely pale person, to the point where its impossible to get foundation anywhere. People always ask me if I'm okay becuase I 'look ill'. Also I think the bags under my eyes stand out more because I'm so pale, even when I'm not tired atall people always say I look exhausted :/
Fainting happens when there is not enough blood flowing to the brain.This often occurs as a result of pain, exhaustion, hunger, or emotional stress. It is also occurs after someone has been standing or sitting still for a long period of time, especially if they’re feeling hot.

There are three key signs of someone fainting:
1.Brief loss of consciousness, often causing them to fall to the ground
2.A slow pulse
3.Pale cold skin and sweating

If you feel faint, lie down and raise your legs. This will help blood flow back to the brain.
When someone faints, their pulse slows right down but it usually picks up and goes back to normal soon afterwards, however, if someone who’s fainted doesn’t come round after a couple of minutes this could be more serious.There really is nothing to be worried about but if you faint frequently seek medical advice. Hope I helped :smile:
Mum "you look really pale, are you ill?"

Me "mum, this is my natural skin tone."

:colonhash:
Reply 7
I'm really pale. If you're into make up, in the winter a Mac NW10/Nars Siberia is too dark for me... I legit have to mix white eyeshadow into foundation so it's pale enough. In the summer I can wear them both, and sometimes even go up to a NW15.

But ya I'm really pale. Everyone always tells me I look ill (especially recently with the lack of sleep) I just stopped caring. lol
Reply 8
I get it all the time and get told I look ill or look like a vampire. It doesn't bother me at all. Its annoying though as soon as I go outside and the wind hits my face, my cheeks become so bright red and then I get people asking if I'm having a hot flush or something lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes
No (maybe a little)

The anxiety is probably the worst part so counselling might be something you want to consider. The pill can also help with heavy periods which might be making you feel sick and faint.

I hope things get better for you x

Quick Reply

Latest