The Student Room Group

A101 Graduate entry medicine Swansea entry 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by wl1
Well, it took me over 5 hours to get to Swansea, instead of just under 4, I got lost in the city centre for a while and I was given a hotel room that was already occupied, but I've finally made it. Does anyone know how long the park and ride service actually takes to get to the campus? Trying to figure out what time to get to the stadium by.

oh wow! congrats on making it :biggrin: !
I think I read somewhere it takes about 20 minutes? ( just google mapped it and it's a 15 minute journey)
Does anyone know when the last coach goes from the stadium to the uni? Just wondering if it'll be easier just to park somewhere near the uni.,,
Can someone let me know what they have to say about the interview process etc please as I wasn't able to make it today! Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by KirstieW
Can someone let me know what they have to say about the interview process etc please as I wasn't able to make it today! Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They just reiterated what they wrote on the website - written test that you can't prepare for and then 2 interviews. They also hinted that as it is a traditional interview and not an MMI they will probably ask the questions you would expect in a medicine interview.

I recommend going to the open day on the 10th if you can, the general university bit in the morning wasn't very good but I really liked the GEM bit in the afternoon. Swansea has gone from being a choice I applied to because I didn't have anywhere else to apply to to probably being my top choice.
Original post by wl1
They just reiterated what they wrote on the website - written test that you can't prepare for and then 2 interviews. They also hinted that as it is a traditional interview and not an MMI they will probably ask the questions you would expect in a medicine interview.

I recommend going to the open day on the 10th if you can, the general university bit in the morning wasn't very good but I really liked the GEM bit in the afternoon. Swansea has gone from being a choice I applied to because I didn't have anywhere else to apply to to probably being my top choice.

I've been to one earlier in the year before they gave out interviews, wasn't sure if they would give any more details about the interview process than what they did before. I loved the course, definitely one of the best sounding courses out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophia08
Does anyone know when the last coach goes from the stadium to the uni? Just wondering if it'll be easier just to park somewhere near the uni.,,

Hey, I live near Swansea... There's a pretty big manned car park right across from the campus. They seem to extend the size of it too depending on how busy it is. I went to the Open Day a couple of years ago and was a bit late and still got a parking space easily. Maybe if you're going down the day before you could check out the car park and see how full it is/if it's suitable :smile:
Good luck to all having interviews today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by Lisagee10
Good luck to all having interviews today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were the first interviews today?

----
If they were how did people find them ?
Reply 108
Good luck to everyone with their interviews! Hopefully I'll meet some of you guys on Friday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pants! Just realised i didnt send my photo before the 22nd. Anyone spoken to swansea about how important this is? I'm going to send it now and interview is Friday
Original post by neuronerd
Pants! Just realised i didnt send my photo before the 22nd. Anyone spoken to swansea about how important this is? I'm going to send it now and interview is Friday

Is a photo needed?
Original post by lawdoxmd
Is a photo needed?

Yup, was in the last email they sent us. Along with the sealed background declaration thingy
Original post by neuronerd
Yup, was in the last email they sent us. Along with the sealed background declaration thingy

I completely forgot too, didn't say anything, and no-one mentioned it so i guess it's not important at all?
Original post by kethan
Were the first interviews today?

----
If they were how did people find them ?

Everyone was really lovely, I felt totally at ease with both interview panels, and it was genuinely an enjoyable day :smile: don't worry about anything
Reply 114
Original post by dancingfaery
Everyone was really lovely, I felt totally at ease with both interview panels, and it was genuinely an enjoyable day :smile: don't worry about anything

That is great to hear! ( although I am already feeling the nerves for my interview next week!)
Reply 115
Hi all,

Im a current Swansea GEM student - I hope the interviews went well today and those with interviews coming up, good luck!

Like dancingfaery said, the interviewers are not there to catch you out and hopefully you will find it a somewhat enjoyable experience (in a weird way). It was certainly the most at ease I felt in all my GEM interviews.

For those who are asking about photos - I can't officially comment but they are usually needed to ID you and are used on your interview forms (there may also be other uses to that I'm not aware of) - so if you're able to bring it to the interview that'd be better than not bringing it altogether, but don't panic if you have completely forgotten.

Once again, good luck and I hope to see you joining us in September
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by Craigh
Hi all,

Im a current Swansea GEM student - I hope the interviews went well today and those with interviews coming up, good luck!

Like dancingfaery said, the interviewers are not there to catch you out and hopefully you will find it a somewhat enjoyable experience (in a weird way). It was certainly the most at ease I felt in all my GEM interviews.

For those who are asking about photos - I can't officially comment but they are usually needed to ID you and are used on your interview forms (there may also be other uses to that I'm not aware of) - so if you're able to bring it to the interview that'd be better than not bringing it altogether, but don't panic if you have completely forgotten.

Once again, good luck and I hope to see you joining us in September

Thanks :smile: Just curious- what's the parking situation like at the hospital? I'm gonna be driving up the night before and I'm not sure whether it's the best idea to risk trying to find a space in the morning
Reply 117
Parking is terrible, but free - the hospital has recently started open visiting so visitors can visit any time of day and as a result of people staying all day, there aren't many spaces. I drive when i go up there, but unless you get there at 8 (which I don't recommend) then give yourself extra extra time
Reply 118
Original post by Craigh
Parking is terrible, but free - the hospital has recently started open visiting so visitors can visit any time of day and as a result of people staying all day, there aren't many spaces. I drive when i go up there, but unless you get there at 8 (which I don't recommend) then give yourself extra extra time

Thanks for the heads up! I think driving is the most viable option for me so it's good to know to leave some extra time :smile:
Original post by kethan
Thanks for the heads up! I think driving is the most viable option for me so it's good to know to leave some extra time :smile:

I had to park on a curb yesterday in the car park because there were no spaces at all! People had tagged on the end of rows basically in the aisle and it was just mayhem! So leave plenty of time to drive round the car parks about 6 times like i did :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending