The Student Room Group

A101 Graduate entry medicine Swansea entry 2016

Thought I would start a new thread as there doesn't seem to be one for this year only last.

Has anyone heard anything either positively or negatively from Swansea yet? it's killing me waiting for their GAMSAT cut off!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kelsey21
Thought I would start a new thread as there doesn't seem to be one for this year only last.

Has anyone heard anything either positively or negatively from Swansea yet? it's killing me waiting for their GAMSAT cut off!

Not yet, I don't know why they are taking so long when SGUL and Nottingham are so quick.
Reply 2
I know! I've been looking and last year the whole process seemed quicker, I'm hoping that no news is good news 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied too. I wish someone would get back to us, I'm so not good with the waiting.
Reply 4
I really feel your pain! Where else did you apply? I have had acknowledgements but heard nothing else it's so nerve wracking 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwick, Nottingham and Newcastle. I had acknowledgements from all and I'm stressed as everything waiting for Newcastle since they've given out interviews to people with lower UKCAT than mine, but nothing for me yet (I had to submit additional paperwork, which I'm hoping is the cause of the delay).

You? What's your gamsat?
Reply 6
I applied to Swansea SGUL Notts and Warwick, my UKCAT was horrendous but I just applied because it seemed silly only to apply to 3, I got 58/60 in GAMSAT depending on the weighting, so it's super nerve wracking as I'm so borderline. What about yours? What was your undergrad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck, I can't imagine how nerve wrecking that must be. I got 68 (sat it last year). I do well in exams, terribly in interviews (interviewed with Notts last year).
I did Chemistry, you?
Reply 8
In did medicine and pharmacology (basically like biomed/physiology/pharmacology).

I'm the opposite, I interview (I hope) well but I just need to get the interview!

I just want to know this limbo situation is really tough. What do you do now? I take it you've graduated if you applied last year too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, Swansea are taking ages for some bizarre reason, has anyone tried to call them? They said we'd all know about our application status by the end of this month (on their FB), mind.
Reply 10
I haven't called them I'm too worried to come across as if I'm pestering them. I guess we have to wait till December before we start complaining since they said the end of the month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think we will know by Friday 27th, it would be cruel of them to leave it till the 30th.
Reply 12
Reply 13
I saw on another post that someone rang them this morning and we should know about cut off/interviews by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Still no news 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still no news 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone on the GEM thread said they phoned up today and Swansea said emails will start going out Monday.
Reply 16
Fingers crossed, I hope their cut off hasn't gone up from last year! Im right on the borderline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The facebook page states monday to tuesday next week
Fingers crossed, I hope their cut off hasn't gone up from last year! Im right on the borderline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's doubtful considering most, if not all, of the others have dropped.
Reply 19
So the waiting happens again, I wonder what the Gamsat cut off will be? Any guesses to pass the time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending