The Student Room Group

Can someone versed in genetic science look at these papers for me

Phytochemical study and mutagenic analysis of leaves and flowers of Erythrina coral tree (Mart. Ex Benth.) By micronucleus test in rodents

Genotoxicity and cytotoxicity of Erythrina velutina Willd., Fabaceae, on the root meristem cells of Allium cepa

Investigation of protective effects of Erythrina velutina extract against MMS induced damages in the root meristem cells of Allium cepa

Neuropharmacological and genotoxic evaluation of ethanol extract from Erythrina falcata leaves, a plant used in Brazilian folk medicine

Above are the 4 main articles I could find on the subject of a herbal medicine's possible genotoxicity. 2 point to it being possibly genotoxic while the other two say it is either benign or even protective.

I would like to know, given the information in these papers, whether the herb in question should be considered relatively safe for semi regular consumption?

If not how would I go about getting the opinion of an expert in this field without having to pay thousands for their time :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending