The Student Room Group

UCL postgraduate applicants 2016/17

Hi, thought I'd start one since I haven't seen a thread !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BH83
Hi, thought I'd start one since I haven't seen a thread !

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you looking to apply for?

I received my offer a few weeks ago!
Reply 2
Original post by PostGrad221
What are you looking to apply for?

I received my offer a few weeks ago!

Congratulations!

What course did you apply to, and when did you send off your application?
Reply 3
I applied to Msc Statistics and sent my application about 3 weeks ago. Also, congratulations on an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iCreptio
Congratulations!

What course did you apply to, and when did you send off your application?

Sent it near there beginning of October. Got an offer within a week.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Politics. Sent it near there beginning of October. Got an offer within a week.

Nice! May I ask, what's your profile like ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
They just asked for my CV, any significance in this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BH83
They just asked for my CV, any significance in this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it can be important if you've got experience that's related to the course you're applying for. If not, generally having a diverse range of experiences looks good.
Reply 8
I guess it can be important if you've got experience that's related to the course you're applying for. If not, generally having a diverse range of experiences looks good.

Thanks, it kind of has me stressing a bit haha, fingers crossed though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. My final referee sent in my reference last week I think. A bit nervous, really keen to hear back but it may be a while yet!

Do you all live in London already?
Reply 10
Original post by Chibelta
I've applied for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. My final referee sent in my reference last week I think. A bit nervous, really keen to hear back but it may be a while yet!

Do you all live in London already?

Hopefully you'll get an offer! And I live up North, so London will be quite a change - especially in cost

Posted from TSR Mobile
People are receiving their offers so quickly?
Well done to UCL, at other Universities it takes ages.
Good luck to everyone who is applying, I wish you all the best!
Reply 12
Financial Risk Management anyone?

Do references matter a lot? I have a really good CV, which highly relates to this course, but I wasn't really close with my lecturers..
Reply 13
Original post by userage
Financial Risk Management anyone?

Do references matter a lot? I have a really good CV, which highly relates to this course, but I wasn't really close with my lecturers..

I wanted to do that course but the cost was too much lol, references are important but are one of many factors and a good CV will probably help negate the effects of your references

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Is it still worth submitting my application to UCL Philosophy? I'm afraid it's late... I have everything sorted, just need to tweak my personal statement and submit my references and pay the deposit.

It's just UCL opened their applications early October and we're nearly in December...

Thanks all
Reply 15
Original post by ahllb
Is it still worth submitting my application to UCL Philosophy? I'm afraid it's late... I have everything sorted, just need to tweak my personal statement and submit my references and pay the deposit.

It's just UCL opened their applications early October and we're nearly in December...

Thanks all

I still would apply! I'm sure I've seen/heard of people applying in January and still receiving offers. If you don't try, you'll never know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by BH83
I still would apply! I'm sure I've seen/heard of people applying in January and still receiving offers. If you don't try, you'll never know

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

PS. I read on the UCL website that applications aren't considered until January 2016, so does this mean nobody receives a reply until then?
Reply 17
Original post by ahllb
I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

PS. I read on the UCL website that applications aren't considered until January 2016, so does this mean nobody receives a reply until then?

That could be just for the course you're applying to? I'm sure someone in this thread said they have already received an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by BH83
That could be just for the course you're applying to? I'm sure someone in this thread said they have already received an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, you're right. Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ahllb
Ah, you're right. Thanks for your help :smile:

No worries! Good luck with the application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply