The Student Room Group

Can you help me choose between two MSc

Hi everybody, so here's the deal. I applied a month to several Unis (to study analytical chemistry). And I got offers from King's College and Aberdeen University.
Now that's where I need help; those are two great Uni, and I really don't know which one to choose because, so I thought you could help find some Pros & Cons.

Cheers
Chris
I would let comparisons of the following inform my decision:

Cost
Course content
Where I would prefer to live
Reply 2
I guess the King´s College one is way more expensive than the Aberdeen one, both in terms of tuition fees as well as cost of living. But having the name King´s college in your CV is also quiet tempting. If both courses are similarly good I would say it depends on your financial situation. If you have the money and you want to live in London take King´s college, otherwise take Aberdeen.
Yeah King's is like £6k more expensive than Aberdeen. But as you said Lagona, having this on the cv would be pretty massive (and well, it's London).
Original post by ThatMadChemist
Hi everybody, so here's the deal. I applied a month to several Unis (to study analytical chemistry). And I got offers from King's College and Aberdeen University.
Now that's where I need help; those are two great Uni, and I really don't know which one to choose because, so I thought you could help find some Pros & Cons.

Cheers
Chris

I would choose King's personally. It's in London and it has an international reputation.
Original post by ThatMadChemist
Yeah King's is like £6k more expensive than Aberdeen. But as you said Lagona, having this on the cv would be pretty massive (and well, it's London).

Oh my goodness. With respect, no way would I pay an extra 6k just so I could write a particular institution on my cv. I could save myself 6k just by making sure I wrote a damn good covering letter and selling my skills well.

That extra 6k could pay for another whole masters degree or pay towards some life changing stuff. No way would I blow 6k on so called prestige, no way!
Reply 6
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Oh my goodness. With respect, no way would I pay an extra 6k just so I could write a particular institution on my cv. I could save myself 6k just by making sure I wrote a damn good covering letter and selling my skills well.

That extra 6k could pay for another whole masters degree or pay towards some life changing stuff. No way would I blow 6k on so called prestige, no way!

6K is a lot of money isn't it? : /

I'd probably would really think it through if I want to spend that much really.

Quick Reply

Latest