The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Cosmopolitan Manchester Halls

Scroll to see replies

I decided yesterday I may aswell go for q3 because the price was similiar to wilmslow in the end when u added the utilities charge on top..but like youve said all gone ...
But then cosmo emailed to say theyd allocated me a place :smile: so ive made an appointment to go look around may 17th!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 21
Yea I was going to apply to Q3 today as they work out just the same price as the UNITE halls but I got a place at cosmo instead :biggrin:

starbuck - What about Victoria Halls? Or some of the UNITE ones?
Reply 22
I'm not going to go and look around though I am expecting them to be nice seeing as they are new.:p:
kirstinx
starbuck - What about Victoria Halls? Or some of the UNITE ones?

I've emailed the UNITE people about a few of theirs (Heald Court, Kincardine Court, New Medlock House, Park View and Piccadilly Point)...bit pricey though when you add everything up I guess.

Also sent off an application form for Cosmopolitan so we'll see how that goes...
Reply 24
What about university owned halls?
I did start looking through the Uni ones, but got bored with the lack of pictures/details lol! Are they all as grubby as each other or are there actually some nice ones? (I presume they're grubby...I've only experienced halls at Salford, Nottingham and Roehampton and they were dire!)
Reply 26
*starbuck*
I've emailed the UNITE people about a few of theirs (Heald Court, Kincardine Court, New Medlock House, Park View and Piccadilly Point)...bit pricey though when you add everything up I guess.

Also sent off an application form for Cosmopolitan so we'll see how that goes...

Let us know what UNITE people say, im in a position where i *might* need a place for next year but cant tell until mid-may at earlist. im hoping to go out on a placement somewhere in the country but i havent had any job offers yet - and got one assessment day remaining which takes place next week. if i dont get the position with them i'll be completing my third year, but really worried about my accommodation stuff!

argh!!

on another note, does anyone know what the availablities are like for Wilmslow Park SUMMER Vacation, and the prices of Victoria Halls for Summer?? cheers
Wilmslow have, the usual price though no summer discount! www.manchesterstudenthomes.com you'll see them advertising their summer vacancies there x
Reply 28
Miss_Green
I decided yesterday I may aswell go for q3 because the price was similiar to wilmslow in the end when u added the utilities charge on top..but like youve said all gone ...
But then cosmo emailed to say theyd allocated me a place :smile: so ive made an appointment to go look around may 17th!

So what were they like?:p:
kirstinx
So what were they like?:p:

Im such a **** I missed my appointment and they wouldnt let me see them :mad: I got lost in Manc, and people were explaining to me how to get to places like I knew Manc, even if I told them otherwise.
Gutted. They said I can see them again on 29th May but dont fancy the 4hour train journey again for a while, Im too figidty! x
i saw these halls too and i am thinking of applying for them. they look really good but i havnt heard anything about them even though i was at manchester met last year too.
Reply 31
strange as it seems, i got a phone call today from one of the ladies from cosmo halls...she said they could offer me a room in a 2 bed flat with a shared bathroom....which is not wa i asked for...realllly strange
akalisodhi
strange as it seems, i got a phone call today from one of the ladies from cosmo halls...she said they could offer me a room in a 2 bed flat with a shared bathroom....which is not wa i asked for...realllly strange

I think that might have been the room they allocated me! I didnt get the tenancy agreements back to them, because not only did they give me the middle name 'louise' on the paperwork (I have no middle name) I asked to be in a 5 bedroomed flat.

I soo fussy I need to see the halls but I cant afford 2 get to Manc, talk about catch 22 x
Reply 33
Anyone else got their tenancy agreements?
Reply 34
i got my forms through today think i got a 5bedroom ensuite.
They rang me up and offered a 2bedroom but i demanded a 5bedroom haha :smile:
Reply 35
I have an ensuite, are the ensuites all in 5 bedroom flats?
Reply 36
meh, after thinking of all the posh places to live over summer, i somehow ended at Grosvenor Place (Uni of manc halls) to live cheap and cheerfully at £64/week (shared toilet/bathroom facilities) lol. i dont need luxury....
Do these halls seem better than the other ones then? Is there car parking? Are they more expensive? Do you think they'll be less 'grubby' than other.
Reply 38
They are cheaper than the others, they are brand new so are hardly going to be 'grubby' and I am not sure about parking.
Reply 39
I just applied for these halls today :smile: anyone know how long they usually take to get back to you? it says up to 3 working days on their website? taa! x

Quick Reply

Latest