The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Cosmopolitan Manchester Halls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
lol ryt im going to phone cosmo 2moz and find out:cool: and im sharing wiv 4 ova girls in my flat so mines a 5 bed :biggrin:

As for the 50 week contract i havent heard ov any other halls that does a contract so long to the nxt sept...the longest 1 ive seen is till the begining ov august :frown: Eubacterium have u thought ov luking at the private houses i think they wud have sumfink more long term :redface:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
The university accommodation does 51 week contracts starting from the 13th. They also own rent houses out to students, so hopefully if I don't get a room in the halls I can live in one of the houses.
Reply 102
gvveeny
lol ryt im going to phone cosmo 2moz and find out:cool: and im sharing wiv 4 ova girls in my flat so mines a 5 bed :biggrin:

As for the 50 week contract i havent heard ov any other halls that does a contract so long to the nxt sept...the longest 1 ive seen is till the begining ov august :frown: Eubacterium have u thought ov luking at the private houses i think they wud have sumfink more long term :redface:

How did you find out how many people you are with? I have emailed them about it but they haven't replied.
Reply 103
I have finally found someone in my flat:biggrin:
Reply 104
well i was a very difficult person they had to deal wiv as wen i applied they sed they had no rooms apart from twin 1s and i didnt want to share a bath room so i told them i wud take my money else where lol then they suddenly came up wiv they have sum spare singles left wiv ensuit Coincidence i think not! so then i told them i wanted to no wat gender was in both ov da flats they had found for me and they told me but it was all that simple it was a lot ov emails to find out u really have to bug them! :rolleyes:

and u luky thing i want to find sum 1 in my flat but every 1 is in flat that r 100s ov flats away lol:biggrin:
Reply 105
Join the facebook group and see if you can find anyone:p:
Reply 106
Can u believe it all the rooms in Cosmo are now fully booked up u can only go on the waiting list. I was gona apply here in case i didnt get the uni accommo i wanted and I still haven't heard from them. The Uni has said that they are trying to have given everyone offers by the end of this week. Look at my blog to see my first choice halls.
Reply 107
gvveeny
im moving in on monday (ahhh 5 days away:eek: ) a lil early but i need to find a job as im broke :s-smilie: i hope im not the onli person hu moves in on monday ova wise ima b all alone :confused: lol

I'm in the same situation. I was going to move in a little later but then I decided it'd be best to move in on the Monday so that I have a headstart on getting a job before the majority of people move fr the start of uni. Have you heard anything from cosmo about the moving in day?? I haven't really heard anything since sending off my tenancy thing
Reply 108
Also, from what I remember, I think the internet costs around £140 a year:s-smilie:
Eeeeek I definitely need a job!!:frown:
Reply 109
You have to email them to tell them what time you will be arriving.

What flat are you in?
Reply 110
I am with 6 other people (yet their maximum flat size is supposed to be 6 not 7 :rolleyes:) also apparently in a mixed sex flat eventhough someone who is i the flat was told all girls?:confused:
Reply 111
Hello!
I´m not very happy with the cosmopolitan staff... They confirmed me the 7th August they posted me the contract for the double room (2 bedroom apartment), but that anyway I could sign the contract once arrived at september if the contract don't arrive in time. I´ve never received the contract, and in addition when I asked info this week, they told me that my room is single because "the double room has already been taken". Is it a joke??
Reply 112
They do seem kind of useless. They did tell everyone a double room was ensuite but they ended up having a shared bathroom.

Do you know your room number? (Trying to find someone in my flat:p:)
Reply 113
Hey, Im in flat 133, was wundring if anyone else was in there?
Reply 114
alicej
I'm in the same situation. I was going to move in a little later but then I decided it'd be best to move in on the Monday so that I have a headstart on getting a job before the majority of people move fr the start of uni. Have you heard anything from cosmo about the moving in day?? I haven't really heard anything since sending off my tenancy thing

i had an email from them and it sed to contact them so i foned and told them i was gonna arrive on monday even tho they tried to make me cum later in da week:eek: and ive applied for over 10 jobs so fare on the net :biggrin: ohh y cant i b rich!:mad:

oh i foned up about the net prices and the woman told me that wen ya move in there r packs n things like that showing u all the deals but for the month it starts at £12.99 and its £144 for the yr:rolleyes:
Reply 115
Do we need to tell Cosmo when we are moving in? Or do we just turn up? Cos when i went they only said to avoid going on the 3rd cos loads are going for then......

And are all of you first years? Or older? When are you all moving in?
Reply 116
You need to tell them when.
Reply 117
Bibz
Do we need to tell Cosmo when we are moving in? Or do we just turn up? Cos when i went they only said to avoid going on the 3rd cos loads are going for then......

And are all of you first years? Or older? When are you all moving in?

u just have to fone or email them so they have a rough idea of the numbers on different days:smile:

And im fresh meat on the block lol AKA first yr:rolleyes: im moving in 2morrow YAY :p: how about u Bibz??? which flat u in?
Reply 118
There are aerial points in the bedrooms if anyone wants to know:p:
Reply 119
Clix
Hello!
I´m not very happy with the cosmopolitan staff... They confirmed me the 7th August they posted me the contract for the double room (2 bedroom apartment), but that anyway I could sign the contract once arrived at september if the contract don't arrive in time. I´ve never received the contract, and in addition when I asked info this week, they told me that my room is single because "the double room has already been taken". Is it a joke??

Hello!! I wrote a mail to the staff, complaining about the change of room, and they answered me in just 5 minutes saying that they have a double room for me (in their fist mail they told me they were completely full) :confused: Anyway, I hope problem solved, I´m in room 93A, anybody near?

Quick Reply

Latest