The Student Room Group

Boxing - Klitschko vs Fury

Does Tyson Fury stand a chance of getting a TKO on Klitschko, can he actually be expected to land a few punches? Considering betting on this one, will be entertaining either way of-course.

Although for some reason, I think Fury will get absolutely obliterated in the first round and will be lucky to walk out of that ring the same man. Discuss

Promo link shared - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj7wdQlVWxk

Scroll to see replies

I'm no boxing analyst.

That said, I'd prefer something interesting to happen like a TKO or even a knockdown or two. I predict it to drag throughout the 12 rounds with Klitschko getting a narrow win on points.
Reply 2
It'll drag through the duration, and Klitschko will win.
Honestly, I think David Haye had a better shot at taking down Klitschko, this Tyson Fury is waaaay too out of shape to last 12 rounds and he hasn't fought any big names so he's not gonna know what hits him when that hammer fist knocks his lights out.
Reply 4
Haye is announcing his new opponent at the O2 next week, incidentally.
I caught up with the FaceOff with Wlad and Fury today, latter as usual extremely confident and Wlad comes across likeable with the 'therapist' angle he's going for but I think and Wlad should win over 12 rounds next Saturday. Fury needs to take him out early if he is to win.
Reply 6
Fury is already angling for his next fight, so I think those rumours of him retiring were *******s!
What time does this fight start (British time)?
Reply 8
Original post by KingKoala
What time does this fight start (British time)?

Tyson's ring walk is at about 9:45pm UK time, apparently. I'd imagine the fight will get underway at around 10:05pm/10:10pm.
Fury has skills that Wlad doesn't have. The longer the fight goes on the more this will be clear. So Wlad needs to win the early rounds and blunt Fury's adaptions as best he can. The main asset Fury has is that he can fight small for a bigger guy and change the angles of the fight. He can change his game to whatever Wlad does, and so will win in my view. By decision. I think Wlad will get beaten up, but no KO'ed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
Tyson's ring walk is at about 9:45pm UK time, apparently. I'd imagine the fight will get underway at around 10:05pm/10:10pm.

Okay thank you :smile:
Did anyone watch the weigh-in, Fury is billed to be 3 inches taller than Klitschko, yet he looked to be the smaller man? :confused:
Was initially hoping Fury would win but he's such an insufferable moron

Klitschko is cool, calm and respectable. And he's also going to win tomorrow. On points.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Was initially hoping Fury would win but he's such an insufferable moron

Klitschko is cool, calm and respectable. And he's also going to win tomorrow. On points.

I try not to base my predictions on who I like. Typical Liberal.
Original post by KingKoala
Did anyone watch the weigh-in, Fury is billed to be 3 inches taller than Klitschko, yet he looked to be the smaller man? :confused:

Wlad is wearing shoe-lifts for the cameras
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Wlad is wearing shoe-lifts for the cameras

Ah right ok that would make sense, I suppose we will see the real height difference tomorrow :smile:
Reply 16
Fight night is here.
Klitschko weighed in heavier than Fury...
Anyone know of a site where a good stream will be played?
"Tyson Fury is threatening to pull out of his heavyweight title fight v Wladimir Klitschko"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34954253

hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest