The Student Room Group

how to tell if you are attractive.

As the title says, how can I tell just how attractive I am?

some clues:
-girl
-slim/curvy
-I would rate my looks around 6/10
-shy
-no one stares at me/approaches me
-no one ever says I'm pretty..

I wont post a photo here either lol.

Scroll to see replies

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh????? Well your options seem pretty limited not going to lie? Maybe next time you are out in public have a crack at comparing yourself to a few different people you see? If you are after a boyfriend or relationship maybe the problem is that you are shy?
All I do is look in the mirror daily and take it from there.
Reply 3
Original post by Sparster
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh????? Well your options seem pretty limited not going to lie? Maybe next time you are out in public have a crack at comparing yourself to a few different people you see? If you are after a boyfriend or relationship maybe the problem is that you are shy?

No I already have compared myself to STUNNING girls and I know that I am not stunning. I have been told I have a symmetrical facial structure but that hardly means anything. I know that If you are attractive, you will always have someone staring at you. that is not the case for me. I just want affirmation that if you are stunning, people stare at you lol.
If lots of people tell you you're attractive (not including family or close friends), if you get a lot of attention from the opposite gender (or even your same gender), if you make members of your own gender jealous, and if you get propositioned/asked out a lot, then you're probably attractive. Otherwise, probably not.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
No I already have compared myself to STUNNING girls and I know that I am not stunning. I have been told I have a symmetrical facial structure but that hardly means anything. I know that If you are attractive, you will always have someone staring at you. that is not the case for me. I just want affirmation that if you are stunning, people stare at you lol.

IMO even if you are shy, if you were attractive, it would not stop some guy from approaching you..
Reply 6
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
If lots of people tell you you're attractive (not including family or close friends), if you get a lot of attention from the opposite gender (or even your same gender), if you make members of your own gender jealous, and if you get propositioned/asked out a lot, then you're probably attractive. Otherwise, probably not.

LOL okay at least now I know for sure I am NOT attractive and I wont get infactuated with guys that are out of my league :smile:
LOL okay at least now I know for sure I am NOT attractive and I wont get infactuated with guys that are out of my league :smile:

I'm a professional 'good-looks rater' if u want to post a pic, i can offer my professional advice.

I'm sorry. It's not a good idea to think in this way. So what if you're unattractive? I guarantee you with almost full certainty that there will be someone out there who will one day find you truly beautiful. Not meaning to sound gay, but I'm pretty confident about that. You can get infatuated with anyone. Besides, it's very easy for girls to get guys, you don't even have to be attractive, because most average guys are very desperate.

I think you've got to be VERY attractive for that to be the case, not just attractive...
I'm sorry. It's not a good idea to think in this way. So what if you're unattractive? I guarantee you with almost full certainty that there will be someone out there who will one day find you truly beautiful. Not meaning to sound gay, but I'm pretty confident about that. You can get infatuated with anyone. Besides, it's very easy for girls to get guys, you don't even have to be attractive, because most average guys are very desperate.

I don't think its easy for a girl to get a guy.. well the one she likes anyway. I'm cook with being unattractive. just sucks sometimes if you like someone and they don't like you back as you are not attractive enough.
Original post by 
I'm a professional 'good-looks rater' if u want to post a pic, i can offer my professional advice.

lol was thinking could do with 10 randomised ratings to get a general consensus of how attractive I am..
I don't think its easy for a girl to get a guy.. well the one she likes anyway. I'm cook with being unattractive. just sucks sometimes if you like someone and they don't like you back as you are not attractive enough.

Never heard of "good looks catch the eye, a good personality catches the heart"? or something of that sort.
Original post by throwaway2222
Never heard of "good looks catch the eye, a good personality catches the heart"? or something of that sort.

pretty sure guys just want good looks though..
I don't think its as black/white to be able to say you either are or are not attractive, i've seen girls i've known in the past as phenomenally attractive to my mind but then friends have said the complete opposite :/ if your even moderately pretty you will be someones perfect girl, maybe not the one you want (that sucks) but thats life im afraid :frown:
I don't think its as black/white to be able to say you either are or are not attractive, i've seen girls i've known in the past as phenomenally attractive to my mind but then friends have said the complete opposite :/ if your even moderately pretty you will be someones perfect girl, maybe not the one you want (that sucks) but thats life im afraid :frown:

no that's fine. I just wanted to affirm what I thought was attractive with what others thought.
pretty sure guys just want good looks though..

That's definitely not true. It may be for a lot of guys though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all take looks into account tbh but you see what may be classes as unattractive people in relationships so they must find each other attractive. As long as I find a girl attractive Id take everything else into account as more important. You may find someone unattractive at first but once you get to know someone you may feel some attractiveness towards them. A 6/10 in my eyes would be fine as long as I like their personality. A 6/10 = 10/10 to the right person.
no that's fine. I just wanted to affirm what I thought was attractive with what others thought.

well, what i'm getting at is you are probably attractive, there are some people out there who everyone will find hot. Good for them. Then there will be 90% of people who are not attractive to everyone, but some people would really like them, some people would really not see it. Everyone has a 'type'. So you will be attractive to X% of people, but maybe not the other x% so don't classify yourself as not attractive at all that would be wrong :smile:
Sorry for going round the houses with my explanation i'm trying not to sound like one of those people who just says positive things without thinking about it just to make the person feel better and actually tell you what i mean :smile:
lol was thinking could do with 10 randomised ratings to get a general consensus of how attractive I am..

Well, my inbox is waiting.
Original post by 
Well, my inbox is waiting.

don't know how to insert photo into private message... also r u a medicine a pplicant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending