The Student Room Group

El Clasico: Real Madrid v Barcelona 5.15pm

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
El Clasico has rarely entertained me since the mid-00s, really. That 3-3 in which Messi stole the show was great to watch. The CL semi-finals were enjoyable the year that Barcelona won it, too, but too often the league games are dull.

The 4-3 the other year :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26690210

One of the best matches of football I've ever seen.
The 5-0 as well :eek:
Reply 22
Original post by Wilfred Little
The 5-0 as well :eek:

The 4-3 was good, but the 5-0 was nowhere near as good as that 6-2 in the mid-00s.

I used to love the El Clasico as a kid so much.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Free? You sure you can get Sky 1 free? I'm not sure I have that

Erm if I recall correctly, Sky 1 is a free channel but the absolute basic bundle from sky doesn't include sky 1.

Edit: well I've just found this so have a look through there, Sky 1 is available for all bundles it seems:
http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/original-bundle/
:smile:
Please also feel free to use here or the LFC thread for their game v City :h:
Original post by Mackay
El Clasico has rarely entertained me since the mid-00s, really. That 3-3 in which Messi stole the show was great to watch. The CL semi-finals were enjoyable the year that Barcelona won it, too, but too often the league games are dull.

The 4-3 and the 2-1 win by Barcelona were great to watch.

I think you haven't watched an el classico since the Mourinho Years clearly.
Original post by Mackay
The 4-3 was good, but the 5-0 was nowhere near as good as that 6-2 in the mid-00s.

I used to love the El Clasico as a kid so much.

The 6-2 was in 2009 so I don't know how that clasico classifies as 'mid 2000s'
Reply 27
Original post by jam277
The 6-2 was in 2009 so I don't know how that clasico classifies as 'mid 2000s'

Sorry, I was thinking of the 4-2 where Owen scored.

The best of recent years I've seen was the 2-2 where Messi and CR7 bagged a brace each, but bar the 4-3, the ones over the last three seasons or so just haven't lived up to billing. I found their CDR meetings more entertaining than La Liga Clasicos.

It was good to see Suarez score last season, but that game at the Nou Camp was lifeless.
La Liga is the best league in the world and El Clasico is the biggest game in the world. I go for 2-1 Barca
Reply 29
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Please also feel free to use here or the LFC thread for their game v City :h:

Disgraceful lack of match threads these days tbh. Makes me sad.
I do look forward to these games, but they are nothing these days compared to the Mourinho-Guardiola era. Say what you want about Mourinho's defensive/warrior approach but it made the game feel like a real rivalry and battle. The play acting and dirty tactics worked both ways as well, and it was often the only time that probably the best team of all time could be beaten.
Original post by tengentoppa
Yeah but he's not 100% He'll still probably start though

It will be tricky, but Madrid will win this. Even with a damaged shoulder Ramos will have Neymar in his pocket. Barca's defence, as it has been for a good 5 years, is mediocre at best and Madrid will have too much attacking quality for them.

Expecting big performances from Marcelo and Modric.

That'll be impressive considering Danilo will be covering Neymar.. Then again there's so much wrong with this post it was hard to pick just one thing to point out.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
That'll be impressive considering Danilo will be covering Neymar.. Then again there's so much wrong with this post it was hard to pick just one thing to point out.

Well hopefully Carvajal will have recovered in time for the game since he's easily better than Danilo. Danilo is average, Neymar would skip past him with no problem. It's up to Ramos to stop the goals.

By all means, elaborate on what was so wrong about my post.
Reply 33
Original post by The Shed End
I do look forward to these games, but they are nothing these days compared to the Mourinho-Guardiola era. Say what you want about Mourinho's defensive/warrior approach but it made the game feel like a real rivalry and battle. The play acting and dirty tactics worked both ways as well, and it was often the only time that probably the best team of all time could be beaten.

Benitez's return may see that rediscovered. I imagine tonight will be quite dull, even though plenty in Spain are apparently excited by two Spanish coaches being in charge once again.
Original post by tengentoppa
Well hopefully Carvajal will have recovered in time for the game since he's easily better than Danilo. Danilo is average, Neymar would skip past him with no problem. It's up to Ramos to stop the goals.

By all means, elaborate on what was so wrong about my post.

Guess we'll see..

And well you think Madrid will win so that's all that needs to be said :mmm:
Reply 35
Real Madrid: Keylor; Danilo, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; James, Kroos, Modric; Bale, Benzema, C Ronaldo.

Barcelona: Bravo; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; S. Roberto, Suárez, Neymar.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Guess we'll see..

And well you think Madrid will win so that's all that needs to be said :mmm:

Yeah let's see what happens
And now I turn my attention to El Clasico. Hala Madrid!

Going for a measly 2-1.
Original post by Mackay
Disgraceful lack of match threads these days tbh. Makes me sad.

You're always welcome to make some yourself!
I dont know what team to support for this match!!!
But i think i will suport barca
That shot by neymer
He should have scored:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest