The Student Room Group

Astrophysics EE HELP???

Hey! I'm planning on doing an extended essay on astrophysics, perhaps something to do with black holes and escape velocity, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Can someone please give me some ideas and tips? :smile:

I've also heard it's REALLY hard to get a good mark on a physics EE, so does anyone know how I could improve my score when I start it?
Reply 1
Original post by AmberGold248
Hey! I'm planning on doing an extended essay on astrophysics, perhaps something to do with black holes and escape velocity, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Can someone please give me some ideas and tips? :smile:

I've also heard it's REALLY hard to get a good mark on a physics EE, so does anyone know how I could improve my score when I start it?

listen don't go too crazy with EE you need to secure a good mark with it. Since you're interested in astrophysics why not do an experiment regarding the resolution of stars (A.K.A two LEDs)
Reply 2
Hey I've done my EE in physics as well and I'm predicted a B in it, which was a huge improvement from my first draft. I'd say the main thing is just write really clearly, and be careful with vocab (e.g. mass/weight). Personal engagement is also hard to do well in, you want to make sure its related to you and state what you did not just 'then this happened' (idk if that makes sense haha)
To find ideas there are loads of magazines/books on astrophysics you can have a look at or look on the NASA website for inspiration.
Otherwise (this is a maths EE but technically its theoretical physics) I have a friend who worked out the amount of fuel needed to reach the ISS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending