The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough for St Dominics Sixth Form?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0123456543210
Isn't that is just wrong?

not really because they still let in people of other religions, its 50% catholic 50% other. it is also because it is a catholic school that it prioritises catholics. if this doesn't suit you, woodhouse sixth form college is a great alternative as it is not religiously based.
Original post by jenns_lifestyle
not really because they still let in people of other religions, its 50% catholic 50% other. it is also because it is a catholic school that it prioritises catholics. if this doesn't suit you, woodhouse sixth form college is a great alternative as it is not religiously based.

Thanks, for suggestion, but I am already finishing my A-levels:smile:. Just wanted to hear different opinions regarding whether religious beliefs should be considered when it comes to education. For me personally, this is just weird.
Reply 22

You mean precisely 50% as a quota? That would be very immoral.
Original post by 0123456543210
Thanks, for suggestion, but I am already finishing my A-levels:smile:. Just wanted to hear different opinions regarding whether religious beliefs should be considered when it comes to education. For me personally, this is just weird.

lol, i totally understand but for me personally i see it as a choice the pupil makes as to whether or not they want to go to a catholic based sixth form or not.
Original post by RVNmax
You mean precisely 50% as a quota? That would be very immoral.

not precisely but more or less, because other factors also have a play as to whether or not you get into the sixth form or not
a friend of mine says that you need straight Bs or a score of over 6 to get in so get your predicted grades (or over) your actual exam you'll get in. good luck.

btw i'm applying too, i'm really scared as to whether or not i'll get accepted.

Does your friend go to St Dominics. Same here, really nervous. Have you had any mock exams yet?
Original post by achara010.312
Does your friend go to St Dominics. Same here, really nervous. Have you had any mock exams yet?

yeah she does. no i haven't, not having them until January and i am seriously stressing out. have you had yours?
yeah she does. no i haven't, not having them until January and i am seriously stressing out. have you had yours?

Mine are on the 2nd stressing out about them as well especially Sciences. I do OCR 21st Century for them and its so hard.
Mine are on the 2nd stressing out about them as well especially Sciences. I do OCR 21st Century for them and its so hard.

yeah i heard OCR exams are really hard. good luck
yeah i heard OCR exams are really hard. good luck

Good luck to you too
Good luck to you too

thanks hopefully we both do well then :h:
Btw you guys can ask me anythinf about st doms because i study there
Original post by SuperHuman98

What's the school environment like and did you find it easy to make friends
What's the school environment like and did you find it easy to make friends

very good you are treated like an adult in a good way, its way more independent than high school but you still get support from teacher.

I have found it easy to make friends.

what subjects are you taking? what year are you in?
what subjects are you taking? what year are you in?

year 12 biology chemistry math and history
year 12 biology chemistry math and history

how are you finding the subjects, particularly maths biology and chemistry 'cause I want to take those subjects?
how are you finding the subjects, particularly maths biology and chemistry 'cause I want to take those subjects?

I am finding them difficult but good just make sure you start going over what you learn from day 1
I am finding them difficult but good just make sure you start going over what you learn from day 1

will do, thanks!
Reply 39
I got 2 A*s 3 As 3 Bs 3 Cs and got rejected
i also paid the extra £10 to be on the waiting list -_-

don't think it's enough tbh but i have friends who go there and they say it's nothing special. My chemistry teacher went there (taught me in year 12, left that summer), so he's pretty good but that's all i can say about teaching quality there haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending