The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

FdSc Oral Health Science- Essex Uni 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amib19
I hope so!! And i know its competitive but essex have got a reputation for taking people on who dont necessarily have the best academic background but on personality, experience etc. ... you have an interview so they're interested at least :smile: what are you applying with if you dont mind me asking x

Average GCSE's, BTEC diploma in art (random!) Dental nursing qualification, currently doing the oral health education finishing in April, and 3 and a half years dental nursing.
What about you?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Jessclarke22
Average GCSE's, BTEC diploma in art (random!) Dental nursing qualification, currently doing the oral health education finishing in April, and 3 and a half years dental nursing.
What about you?

Similar, except the art lol I have 7 years dental nursing experience and have been working in a dental referral software company. But I spoke to one of there advisors in April and they said as long as you meet the academic requirements there more interested in ps..... so i guess for you its all about interview now :smile: id love to know how many people have applied lol c
Reply 42
I am applying to Essex too, sending it off this friday as am waiting for my UCAS reference. I am getting a bit worried now though as some of you have already been offered interviews before the UCAS deadline and hope I haven't missed my chance because I am sending my application off right before the deadline :-( Good luck to you all anyways :-)
Original post by SAK1987
I am applying to Essex too, sending it off this friday as am waiting for my UCAS reference. I am getting a bit worried now though as some of you have already been offered interviews before the UCAS deadline and hope I haven't missed my chance because I am sending my application off right before the deadline :-( Good luck to you all anyways :-)

When i applied the deadline was the end of October?
Reply 44
When i applied the deadline was the end of October?

It's through UCAS so the deadline is this Friday at 6pm.
I have had a letter asking me to attend an interview on the 2nd of March, over the moon! Now to prepare for the interview...

Me too! I got a letter the other day in the post :smile: Can't wait, I need to prepare for the interview though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by AnneliseW92
Me too! I got a letter the other day in the post :smile: Can't wait, I need to prepare for the interview though.

Congratulations! When did you apply?
Reply 47
Original post by amib19

LOL literally most people have heard now, what is wrong with us eyy :frown: have you still not heard from anywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by kh1122
LOL literally most people have heard now, what is wrong with us eyy :frown: have you still not heard from anywhere?

Im starting to stress lol.... im hoping they just havent got to ours yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
[QUOTE="amib19;61926073"]
Original post by kh1122

Im starting to stress lol.... im hoping they just havent got to ours yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geez yeah same! It's a nightmare waiting! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
[QUOTE="kh1122;61926609"]
Original post by amib19

Geez yeah same! It's a nightmare waiting! :frown:

Hopefully we hear soon x
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amib19

Thanks i applied october time, because i thought the deadline was back then? When did you apply? :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by AnneliseW92
Thanks i applied october time, because i thought the deadline was back then? When did you apply? :smile:

Cool! I applied 30th October hoping i should hear soon then be a long wait lol are you a nurse?
Original post by amib19
Cool! I applied 30th October hoping i should hear soon then be a long wait lol are you a nurse?

Yes I've been a dental nurse for 5 years, and im doing on oral health education course at the moment too, yeah it took a while to hear but i guess its a lot of reading haha :smile:
Has anyone been to an interview yet/heard anything I'm still waiting..
Reply 55
Original post by Nicoljacko9473
Has anyone been to an interview yet/heard anything I'm still waiting..

I'm still waiting :frown:! I was thinking they offer interviews and then reject everyone else BUT people have heard either way already so now I'm not sure x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
I havent heard anything either applied end of october.... i thought the same thing that they would just reject everyone at the end so feel a little better you saying not so! Been ages waiting :frown:
Original post by kh1122
I'm still waiting :frown:! I was thinking they offer interviews and then reject everyone else BUT people have heard either way already so now I'm not sure x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by amib19
I havent heard anything either applied end of october.... i thought the same thing that they would just reject everyone at the end so feel a little better you saying not so! Been ages waiting :frown:

Wow that is a long time to wait :frown:, I only applied in mid December. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday next week, I'll call them and try and find out what's going on. Did you apply anywhere else btw? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by kh1122
Wow that is a long time to wait :frown:, I only applied in mid December. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday next week, I'll call them and try and find out what's going on. Did you apply anywhere else btw? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

No where else for ke waiting for kings to open applications how about you xx
Reply 59
Hey all! Please feel free to request to join this group on Facebook for 2016/2017 applicants 😁

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1668850406711257/members/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending